Chapter 2 Ramlak Rising

Lion-o and the others were holding a funeral pyre for those who died during the fall of Thundera. "Rest now my dear subjects," Claudius said.

"May you be in peace," Tygra said.

Liosia, Bengali and Cheetara looked sad as Lion-o carved the Thundercats symbol into the statues's base. "Lion-o this is just terrible." Hannah said.

"Our homes and everything, it looks so bleak," Bengali said. "How can things be any worse?" he said.

"We better get going before the lizards trail gets cold," Lion-o said.

"But what about the book of omens?" Tygra said.

"It can wait, we must deal with Mum-Ra," Lion-o said.

"Lion-o you're angry, but getting..." Hannah started to say.

"Be quiet!" Lion-o snapped.

"Hey there is no need to be rude," Bengali said.

"Hey we are all angry, Lion-o you and your friends head out, Leona and I will search for survivors," Claudius said.

"Yes father," Lion-o said.

The six cats started to head out.

Then Pumyra saw a couple of kittens. "Are you two alright?' she asked.

"Yes I'm fine this my sister Wilykit and I am Wilykat." Wilykat said.

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Pumyra," Pumyra said. "You better stick with me, it could be dangerous with all these lizards around," she said.

"Pumyra you are responsible for the kittens," Lion-o said.

"Fine," Pumyra said.

The eight cats walked for days. Then Snarf Lion-o's trusty pet spotted something. "Look Snarf sees something." Lion-o said. They ran up to it, they saw this large body of moving sand.

"It's the sand sea," Cheetara said.

"We must be close then." Lion-o said.

"Look food!" Wilykat said.

"Well then let's eat!" Wilykit said.

The others had to agree because they were hungry.

"Something seems strange about this," Cheetara said.

"I agree with Cheetara," Bengali said. "Something doesn't seem right about this," he said.

"Yes it does seem a bit odd," Hannah said.

Then a net was launched and pulled them in. They saw these fishmen. "That bait was for the beast! So we will fillet you and whatever we don't eat we will grind into chum for the monster." the captain said.

"We will start with the young ones more tender." the chef said.

"Harm one hair on their heads and you'll be sorry!" Pumyra said.

"Back off fish face!" Bengali said.

Then the monster attacked the ship. "Get him my crew!" the captain said.

Lion-o and the others got free and started to fight. "The food fights better than you," the captain said.

The monster left after that. "Where were we?" Lion-o asked.

"We were talking about how to fillet you but seeing you fight I would have served you my own first mate on platter." the captain said.

The first mate looked shocked. "I am Koinelous Tunar. You are now part of my crew and all of you treat them like your own scaly brothers and get the kids some food." Tunar said.

"Food!" the kittens said.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Cheetara said.

"Same here," Bengali said.

"You two aren't the only ones, I read this a book like this before," Hannah said.

"Oh what happened?" Bengali asked.

"You don't want to know," Hannah said.

"Hey where's Tygra?" Cheetara asked.

"He's over there." Bengali said.

Cheetara and Hannah looked over where Bengali pointed and saw Tygra's throwing up over the rail of the ship.

"Looks like someone gets sea sick." Hannah said.

Pumyra ran over to him to help ease his sea sickness.

Lion-o saw how full of rage and vengeance Tunar was all he cared for was getting revenge. Lion-o felt angry about his home, he started feel the need for vengeance too. Tunar didn't care about his crews safety. That shocked Lion-o his very core he was realizing he wasn't caring about his friends safety either.

The creature Tunar called Ramlak attacked again. He was dragged down by the beast and Lion-o managed to killed the monster.

The fishmen got the water and home back.

"I'm sorry about your captain." Lion-o said.

"It was his own fault, and his foolish decision lead to his sandy grave." the first mate said. "Now we can live in peace." he said. "Thanks again for your help Thundercats." he said.

"Now about the kittens," Tygra said. "What should we do about them?' he asked

"I can see they can take care of themselves and that is a good thing," Lion-o said. "They just might the youngest Thundercats ever." he said.

"Yes maybe we can call them Thunderkittens," Bengali said.

"That's a pretty good idea," Lion-o said.

"Cool!" the kittens said.

"Now let's find that book," Lion-o said.

He and the other Thundercats headed out in another direction in hopes of finding the book.

Mum-Ra was trying to prob Jaga's mind to find the location of the book of omens. He locked Jaga in an evil magically lantern. "Now we can find the book." Mum-Ra said.

"Yes, we sure will," Grune said. I wish I wasn't being forced into this evil. Grune thought,

To be continued.