Epilogue

Beckett

Six years later...

I stood at the end of the bed gazing at my sleeping wife, there was a little girl with long black curls snuggled against the swell of Areum's stomach. Fenrys was curled at the end of the bed looking at me with his head cocked to the side confused, I rubbed his fluffy head and pulled out my phone. I snapped a photo of my small family and changed it to my wallpaper from now on, Areum could always yell at me later. I looked down at the white fluff ball that was weaving herself between my legs purring, "yes I love you too Manon" I said plucking her from off the floor. I walked down the stairs and fed Areum's cat, I was so happy Areum was expecting again. This time it was going to be a little boy named Rowan, Areum gave me her test as a Christmas present and I couldn't be any happier, it was now July and his due date was September first. I was pulled out of my thoughts as little arms wrapped around my good leg,

"Daddy! Daddy!" Yuwa squealed reaching up at me, she pouted at me with those sparkling emerald orbs so I picked her up and placed her on my shoulders.

"What's up monkey?" I chuckled as she grabbed handfuls of my hair

"Mommy said we could rent Trolls 2 today!" She chirped. I inwardly groaned at the thought of having to sit through another Trolls movie, I was distracted by Areum gingerly making her way down the stairs with a hand pressed to her protruding stomach. She caught my stare and shyly smiled at me, god was she beautiful she looks like she hasn't aged a day in our six years of marriage. I sent a wink her way, grabbed Yuwa's ankles and jogged around the island in the kitchen sending the six year old into a giggling fit. Areum was watching us out of the corner of her eye as she poured herself coffee, I sat Yuwa down on a stool at the island so she could get her bearings as her world spun. As Areum was pouring creamer into her cup she dropped the cap, she attempted to grab it but gave up, poor girl couldn't even touch her toes. 

"Beckett" she grumbled "can you grab that?" she asked pointing to the cap on the floor. I snatched it up and snapped the top on the bottle,

"Go sit down angel, I'll take care of this" I said, she pressed a kiss to my cheek and made her way to the island Darth Vader coffee cup in hand. 

"Mommy when can we rent Trolls?" Yuwa asked her mother as I took out a flat pan and pancake mix. 

"After we finish your online schooling Yuwa, that'll be your reward okay?" With the Coronavirus pandemic going around all schools were closed until the end of the school year, so having Yuwa home twenty-four/seven was a bit stressful. Areum was forced to have her OBGYN appointments over the phone, and trying to support my wife, and attempting to entertain a six year old was not a great combination, especially when said six year old like to play two-hundred questions. 

An hour later Areum had finally gotten Yuwa situated with her videos from her first grade teacher, Areum was painting in the living room. It was a hobby she took up when she was laid off, she was very good at it too for just beginning. I snuck up behind her and pressed a hand to her stomach to feel Rowan kick "I can't wait Areum!" I exclaimed.

She let out a light laugh "I'm excited too my love" she said placing a hand atop mine, I was looking forward to the rest of our lives together. We couldn't wait to watch our children grow up, I can recount all the wonderful memories we've had with Yuwa, and we couldn't wait to share them with our son. So I pressed a kiss to Areum's forehead and watched her paint a face of a baby boy with brown curls, chubby cheeks and grey-green eyes.