Chapter 24

A/N: I've written this chapter like Rebecca's diary, highlighting some main events. It fast-forwards 2 years...hope it's not too confusing!

__________________________________________________________________

Chapter 24

February 12th

Even though Ace said that it wasn't a date, he sure as hell treated me like one. Not only did he pay for the food and the movie tickets, he even bought me this charm bracelet I admired at a shop we were passing by.

He kissed me on my doorstep. And…I let him…

It was…weird. I didn't feel anything. Those seven seconds were the oddest of my life. No butterflies, no sparks, nada, zilch.

When I came home, I took off the bracelet and put in my drawer. It felt cold and odd.

The ring still belonged on my finger though.

 _________________________________________________________

February 14th

Ace asked me out properly. Complete with red roses and chocolate. So cliché.

Penelope and Michelle are happy that I'm moving on. Penelope finally gathered up the courage to tell Rick that she's his secret admirer (stalker). He said he knew all along. They're living happily ever after now. So is Michelle. So am I.

Yeah, right. I'll keep telling myself that. Perhaps I'll even believe it someday.

What the hell's wrong with me? Why can't I get over him? Ace is too nice for me. I couldn't let him down like that. He even bent on one knee and said, "Rebecca, will you be my girlfriend?"

I thought he was observant? Can't he see that I don't really like him that much? I mean, he's great but…

He's not Jake.

___________________________________________________________

March 4th

Guess who I saw at the café during a date with Ace today?

Leon.

And right when Ace leaned over to kiss me. Leon came up to our table and went, 'ahem'. How embarrassing.

He didn't look too surprised though. I guess Kyle must've told him.

We didn't talk much. I just learned that he's enrolled in a Music Academy, Hayden's majoring in some business degree and Kurt's studying managing so that he can one day open his own restaurant. He didn't say anything about Jake. Did he do that on purpose, seeing Ace, or did Jake stop talking to his friends as well? Why the hell would he do that?

Every time Ace kisses me, I imagine Jake in his place and it feels less weird.

That's not healthy, is it?

 _______________________________________________________

March 9th

It's his birthday today.

I was going to send him an e-card, but…I stopped myself at the last moment. He obviously didn't care enough to even send me an email and tell me that he's alive, so why should I bother wishing him?

Had a fight with Ace today. He came to know that the ring I always wear is actually Jake's. How he came to know, I have no idea.

I don't blame him. I'm wearing my ex-boyfriend's ring all the time but I never wore Ace's bracelet.