Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Yes, honey, you're in deep shit.

Remembering Michelle's words from earlier, I hesitated to go online. Should I continue talking to him? Shouldn't I just quit now before my feelings get too complicated or something? Michelle had said some pretty sensible stuff in Physics class.

"Rebs, I don't want to see you get hurt…"

I buried my head in my hands. Michelle sighed.

"Look at you. You're clearly falling for him. But as much I want to squeal over this, you know that this might not end well…"

"He's twenty years old," she continued. "You haven't even met him. He probably thinks of you as just another girl he met on the net to just waste his time with…and you don't deserve that at all…"

And you know what hurts? That I know that. They always said that the truth hurts.

But a small part of me wanted to think differently. It's not everyday that I had a crush. Heck, it's been four years since my last serious crush. My friends were worried that I've either become a lesbian or that I've been abducted by aliens who replaced my heart with some weird technology devoid of emotions or something.

Yeah. My friends are crazy.

I was always the sensible one. The careful one. The one who doesn't believe in love for crying out loud!

So why the heck have I switched on my laptop to go online?

You know what? I blame Cupid. Why did that diapered little man have to come along now and hit me with that stupid arrow? He could've hit me at least five years later or something! Or he could've hit Jake as well. That way, things might've been less complicated.

Gah. How typical of me. I'm blaming my problems on an imaginary character.

Metal Freak: You know...you're a meanie. -_-

The beep beep of an IM never made me this happy before. But I frowned at the screen. Huh?

Rebbie: Why? O_o

Metal Freak: You didn't say hi. :P

I grinned. It's been three minutes or something since I came online. He'd been waiting for me to say hi?

Rebbie: Aww. Sorry, I wasn't near my laptop.

An outright lie, but still…

Metal Freak: Oh. Then it's alright. =) So…what's up?

You…I added in my head.

Rebbie: I'm swamped with exams. I think I'll die in a few days. _

Metal Freak: Noooo. What am I gonna do if you die? :'(

Rebbie: What else? You'll find someone else to share music with and talk to soon enough.

Metal Freak: Then I'll die too.

Rebbie: But if you die, then who will I annoy? :P

Metal Freak: So, if you die, then who will I annoy? -.-

Rebbie: You'll find some girl.

Metal Freak: Then you'll find 'some' boy.

He was utterly confusing me.

Rebbie: Nah, I can't find someone else like you. But I'm common.