chapter-32

Anika POV:-

Rishi:- "but sanjana you have to travel to our home almost on daily basis. So i guess you should ask me your doubts here in college. As we don't have any free lectures, so i can stay for sometime after college. And even still if something remains unleft than you can ask me on phone".

After listening to his reply i was so happy... but my happiness was just for few moments....

Sanjana:- "oh rishi you don't have to worry about my daily travelling to your apartment. As i have driver, so it won't be a problem for me. So now i can come and join you while studying right?" She asked while holding his forearm and giving him puppy eye look.

For a minute rishi didn't replied.

Please rishi say no....

Sanjana:- "please rishi... please.." she hold even other hand of rishi and came so close to him.

Rishi:- "okay.." he said.

Sanjana immediately hugged him.

I can't bear this.. my eyes had tears but i didn't let them come out. I don't want to see this. But what do i do?

Sanjana:- "ok than let's go to your home." She said while again holding rishi hand.

Rishi nodded and looked at me. I can't bear this torcher more.... i need some minutes to calm myself.

Sanjana:- "so i guess, we can go in my car. Okay?"

Rishi:- "hmmm, okay".

Sanjana:- "let's go than". She started pulling him towards her car.

Rishi stopped and turned to me.

Rishi:- "anika come let's go". He forwarded his other hand towards me.

I wanted to run to him.. but i didn't..
I took deep breath yo make my voice bit strong.

Me:- "umm, rishi you both go. I have some important work here. So it will take sometime."

Rishi left her hand and moved towards me.

Rishi:- "it's okay anika, you go do your work. We will wait for you".

I was looking in his eyes. I wanted to hold his hand. Rishi eyes had some pleading in it.

But sanjana came and hold rishi hand. I came out of dream land. I again gulped the pain which was rising in my heart every minute.

Me:- "no rishi you don't have to. I will see you at apartment. You both go. Okay?" I ended with a little smile to assure him.

But i could see in rishi eyes that he was going to argue. But sanjana replied.

Sanjana:- "ok than anika, we will see you there". She said with happy voice.

I returned her smile with my little smile and looked at rishi eyes. His eyes were saying something. But i didn't tried to know...

I turned and left from there. Rishi this means our studying together was never something special to you... who am i kidding.. huh... it was all just in my head. I expected way too much...

I was walking towards college washroom, i didn't know i was crying till i felt wetness on my cheeks. I stood in front of mirror. No one was there in it, as college was already over.

Me:- "anika how long are you going to cry? Stop now. By crying, you are hurting yourself only. Nothing will come out of it. Be brave and bear your smile. Remember this anika, not every love find its happiness. We do have to face heartbreaks and all. It's just a story of life. Now shhh" i consoled myself.

Me:- "but it hurts... it hurts to know that the only person i loved don't love me back.... i am hurt. I don't want to be. But i don't know how to stop this heart which is beating only for him". I said while beating my chest area where heart is, with my fist. But i am trying, i will not let them see my tears... i won't let them see my pain. I will be happy for rishi. I won't let him know....

After sometime i went back to my apartment.

I fresh up and prepared some snacks. Amisha and i had them. Soon rishi called.

Rishi:- "hello anika. Have you returned back?" He asked quickly in one go.

Me:- "yes rishi, i am at my apartment.".

Rishi:- "ohh ok. Than when are you coming? We are waiting for you to study."

Me:- "umm actually i and amisha are eating right now. And than amisha need me for some thing. So you both can study together.." i don't know but i don't want to go there..

Rishi:- "what??? You are not coming? But anika, this never happened before. If you have some work to do, you can do it later. Or do it now, we will wait. And if you need my help, than tell me, i will also help you. But we will study together" his voice had little anger.

Me:- "rishi everything happens for first time. And moreover it's not that i am saying that we will never study together. Just for today i won't be joining you. And moreover you have new partner now... you can study with her. And yeah, she had some doubts so you can clear them also. While i will do my work here..... "

Rishi:- "anik..."

Me:- "rishi amisha is calling me, i will talk to you later. Bye"

I disconnected the call and breathed deeply. I have to do this. I have to maintain the distance between us, to save myself from falling too deep.

Amisha was looking at me curiously but i just shrugged my shoulders as i don't want to share for now. I just want little peace for my heart and brain.

So how was today's chapter?

Any Guesses what will happen next?

Please do vote and comment.

Till next time god bless you all😉