seven | forever

I turned into the next hallway and fell to my knees. I began to scream and cry, suddenly, rushing up to the wall and rubbing my hands over it.

Vijay, still in his suit's under armor, watched me. His mother rushed into the hallway, seeing me on the floor. She looked to Vijay, almost saying something through just looks.

And he slid onto his knees beside me, and pulled me into his lap. He desperately attempted the many ways my father magically calmed me, and failed.

"I'm sorry," He whispered.

I stomped my feet and sobbed harder, making him pull me in closer. He cradled me, whispering to me.

"I'm sorry, Cassidy."

∘₊✧✩✧₊∘

Bad things happened on the Resolute. I didn't want to go back, but Prisha and Victor decided that it would be better for Prisha to bring Vijay and I back onboard when she went up. And there was no changing their minds.

"Jupiter 30..." I muttered, scanning the window and the access pad beside the door.

I stopped outside one, the end of the hall. The bulkhead was shut and I didn't know the security code. I took a deep breath and said into my radio: "Cassidy Vale to Will Robinson, mind letting me in?"

There were footsteps, fast ones. He was running. My stomach did somersaults as the bulkhead rose and he ran into my arms.

I hugged him back tightly, laughing, "Hey.."

"Try not to get lost for another seven months, huh?" I continued.

"I'll try my best," Will said as we separated. He looked me up and down, scratching the back of his neck as he flushed crimson.

I smiled, pinching his cheek, "Awh, I missed lil' blushy boy!"

He chuckled, "I missed you, too."

"I missed you more, I-" I said, before he interrupted me as I went to take my camera out of my pocket.

"I have to go do something right now," Will told me, he glanced down the hall nervously.

"Oh, I'll come with you," I replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, why not?"

∘₊✧✩✧₊∘

I expected it to be like, grabbing air filters out of a nearby supply drawer. Not trespassing into a very obviously restricted area. I stuck by my decision nonetheless.

I followed close behind him as he crept down the hallway. A radio went off near the entrance of the Jupiter and he pushed me against a wall, pressing his hand over my mouth.

I stared at him, wide-eyed.

"Shh," He whispered softly into my ear, as a guard walked past us. As soon as the guard was gone, he pulled me onto the Jupiter.

The Jupiter 2 was covered in plastic, and the lights were dim- making it kind of hard to see. I've never seen anything like this. I've never heard of anything like this. I cursed under my breath, realizing fully how poor my decision was.

The light above us went out. I jumped and grabbed Will's hand. He stopped and looked down at our hands, before continuing down the hall.

He glanced down the garage entrance, I crouched down by his legs- looking down as well. I almost fell in, but I was still holding his hand and he caught me.

"Careful," He reminded me.

"What was that?" Someone said from downstairs. We both sprung up, soon realizing we were surrounded. He pushed me into his bedroom.

He stumbled and fell on top of me, which was a good thing- because we fell behind his bed, keeping us hidden. We stared out each other, Will was breathing so shaky, I shoved his face into my shoulder to keep him quiet.

Someone in a hazmat suit went to open the door, but stopped after their radio went off.

Will apologized profusely, as he helped me up.

"It's fine," I whispered, "What now?"

He nodded as if remembering what we were supposed to be doing just now. He led me to the cockpit, where he lifted the plastic to a panel and flipped switches. Garage audio.

I sat down as he did this, taking my camera out of my pocket along with a paper. A list. A list of things I was going to tell him about when I saw him.

I opened my mouth to say something, but he turned to me.

He had finished listening and was flipping the switches, mouthing "Let's go downstairs" to me. The people downstairs had decided to take a break.

I nodded. I wanted to hang out with him, just like we did on the planet. He didn't seem to care much, all he did on our way here was ask about the evacuation- asking if I'd seen his Robot.

I hadn't. I hadn't seen anything. I had just relived the death of my father as I sat in the very spot he died. Vijay carried me to the Jupiter.

Will began to climb down.

"Miss Vale," A man said, "You're not supposed be here.."

I remembered what the Dhars said about getting into trouble. I turned to him, chills running down my spine. I didn't know him, somehow he knew me.

"Sorry, I.." I glanced at the garage entrance in the corner of my eye, "I was looking for the Robinsons".

"They've been relocated to the Jupiter 30, the Azevedo ship," He told me, "Go along now, quicker you're out, the better."

"I-I'm sorry," I looked down the entrance again, Will was gone.

I left, turning my back to my friend. We would be friends forever, we had once promised each other. And I was beginning to count the days of how long forever really was.