nine | alone

My father chuckled, pulling me farther into his arms, "What would I do without you!"

"One day you're gonna wake up and say, 'No more hugs, Daddy!'" He exclaimed, kissing the top of my head.

No, Daddy. What do I do without you.

"Friends aren't even worth it, Cassidy," Vijay said to me, (That's right. I'm back).

"Says my friend," I muttered, "He's not interested in seeing me whatsoever. Not that he has time anyway.. And he basically ditched me for an alien robot!"

"I mean, who wouldn't?"

I gave him a look. And he laughed, saying: "It was a joke."

"I thought I'd have a bit longer than twelve years to prepare to deal with your boy problems," He told me, leaning against the doorframe to his room.

"I don't even-"

Vijay raised his brows at me and I admitted: "Not that much."

He did it again, and I said: "Sorry, since it's so important to you for me to admit that I like Will Robinson a lot!"

"Mhmm," He smirked.

"You're not helping at all!" I exclaimed, "If Daddy were here he would!"

I sprung off his bed and went to storm out of the room. He grabbed my arm, but I pushed away.

"Cassidy.. I-"

He followed me, continuing to try and stop me from leaving.

I made it off the Jupiter 9. The Vale ship. Since the Jupiter 4 was destroyed on the first planet, the Dhars and I were relocated to my ship.

It wasn't far. He wasn't far. It was a few docks down from the Jupiter 9 and around the corner. The wall wasn't far.

I sank to my knees, as I leaned against my arms- sliding down the wall. The portrait of my father now pasted there smiled at me, as I stared up at it.

"Hi Daddy," I whispered to the picture.

Vijay watch from behind me as I told the wall the situation on Will.

"I don't know what to do," I said to the wall tearfully, "I don't know what to do without you. Why did you leave me?"

"Cassidy.." Vijay murmured, "He.."

"You said we would be together forever," I continued, "Remember? When I was six. You told me.. You told me that you would never leave me."

"You lied, Daddy. Lying is bad," I sobbed and Vijay sat behind me. He hugged me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder as I cried.

"You said we could be together forever, but now I'm alone down here".

Vijay began to brush his fingers through my hair, making me suddenly calm. He slowly rocked me back and forth, humming something. I don't know what.

And very, very quietly he said: "I'll protect her, Mr. Vale. For the rest of my life."