chapter nine

olivia's pov

emma walks the twins down and amanda and i are left upstairs. 

"wonder what ethan and emma've been talking about," amanda butts in. 

"yeah, they were talking earlier this morning," i say.

"yeah and also last night, after filming. that's why they were on the other side of the room," amanda says. 

they were talking. that's why they ended up falling asleep beside each other. why were they talking?

"are you sure they aren't a thing?" i ask. 

"you know em, she's gonna tell us," she says. when i don't respond, amanda says something again.

"look, let's let emma wait to tell us what's really happening. i'm sure they're just talking. don't get worked up too much, liv. she's not one to hide things from us," she says, squeezing my shoulder.

amanda's pov

olivia is really buying the idea that ethan and emma are a thing. if i didn't know emma liked olivia i would believe the same thing too. it's kinda weird though, because olivia seems to have been extra touchy with the emma-ethan thing. and it's only been, like, a day. 

on the other hand, i really don't know what ethan and emma are talking about. 

emma gets back from walking the twins out, olivia gets a call from her acting coach.

"i have to go," olivia says, getting ready to leave.

"will i see you later?" emma asks, and olivia nods.

 "we'll walk you out," emma says, but olivia declines.

"nah, it's fine. you two have fun. love you em! love you girl!" olivia strikes a hug to emma and me, and she gets out of the door.

as soon as she leaves i ask emma.

"so, what was that?" emma looks at me confused. 

"what was what?" she asks.

"you and ethan, dummy," i say. 

"ooooh, that. well, you see... and it's gonna be weird as fuck, but i've actually asked ethan about the olivia thing. i asked him if it was okay to finally tell olivia about it. and we really talked it out, and he gave real strong opinions and said things about every possible scenario," emma said, fixing up around the living space.

"well," i say, picking up the pillows, "olivia is asking me if you and eth are a thing, and i could feel she's kinda touchy about it," i say. 

"does she think i'm not gonna be telling her about my relationships?" emma asks, gawking her head at me.

"well to be fair, you have been hiding feelings for two years now," i say back. emma takes a step back, and says, "well, that's different. it's my feelings i'm hiding, not my relationships,"

true enough, though. 

"still, we should tell her about you and eth," i say,  "in case it becomes a bump in our friendship or something,"

"hey i'm not the only one having small talks with the dolans," emma retaliates, rearranging the pillows on the couch. 

"what do you mean?" i ask, brows fused together.

"it's not like i've noticed her and grayson be together. i mean, like, they were literally watching videos on gray's phone last night, and olivia watched gray sleeping! i mean, what does that mean, huh? does liv actually like gray? i mean...?" emma says. 

looking back, it was true that they had been talking.

"and did you see them earlier? when we were entering the kitchen for breakfast? liv and gray were seated with each other, and liv was holding gray's phone. like, why? what did she have to see in there that she couldn't see in her own phone? goddamnit," emma says. wow, this woman is literally shitting balls off today.

"you're such a jelly," i tease her. it was true though, emma does sound like a cute kid when she's jealous. haha!

"oh shut up," she says, throwing me one of the pillows. i throw it back to her and we end up making a mess again. welp, shit. 

"seriously though," emma says, laying on the carpet, "what if gray has a thing for liv? and like... they look cute together,"

"oh shut up you lunatic," i say, hitting her head with my foot, "either you confess your feelings or attend grayson and olivia's wedding. choose," i say, and emma screams a thousand different variations for the word "no".