"You don't have to worry Draco."

Saying that I proceeded to the washroom. Waiting here for a little while will be the best for me to do.

As I was waiting, the same girl who was there with Adam walked in. She opened her mask and was lightly touching up her makeup. She was beautiful. She was most definitely his girlfriend.

Wait. What if she knew something about me from Adam. I mean if sje indeed knew Adam, isn't there a chance she knew me too.

I went beside her as I pretended to fix my makeup too. And that is when I turned towards her and said,

"Omg. Your dress is beautiful"

She turned to look at me and immediately a huge smile adorned her face.

"Oh my God. I know right. You know how long it took me to decide this dress. I was so scared and confused. I mean obviously I came with such a rude guy. I didn't want to anger him with my dressing sense you know. By the way, your dress is beautiful too. Specially that neck piece you are wearing."

She said all of this in a single breath leaving me completely astounded. I blinked for a few times to try to comprehend whatever she just said. When I finally got it, I smiled back at her and said.

"Thank you. By the way, the rude guy you were talking about, Adam right. Isn't he a very big businessman?"

"Yes very. And he takes his business extremely seriously. And unfortunately, he is my boss."

"Boss?"

"Yeah. I am his assistant. "

Well. There goes my plan. She was just an employee and for that I was sure she would no nothing related to me. I needed to end this conversation soon

"Ooh. I would love to work for him though."

She chuckled and said, "if that is because of his looks and you perhaps are developing a crush on him, lemme say you beforehand. He still loves his wife alot."

The word "wife" grabbed my attention for some reason.

"Wife?"

"Yeah. Sadly, she passed away two years ago. He still loves her though. Alot."

For some reason, my chest constricted at the mention of his wife and her death. He must've gone through so much pain.

"Well. Good for me. I dont have my eyes on him. Anyway I gotta go. It was nice talking to you," I looked around the washroom," in this beautiful place."

She laughed at that statement.

"Beautiful indeed. By the way, if you do plan to work for him anytime in the future, I can give you his number. Might as well contact him"

"Oh that won't be necessary"

"Just keep it."

------

Adam's pov

I was standing at a corner watching some people dance as a romantic song was playing on the background

I closed my eyes and imagined myself with her. Sabrina. I had a hand placed on her waist while the other was holding her hand. She looked ethereal as she smiled when we danced together. Her rosy cheeks shining making her look even more beautiful.

I was brought back to reality when suddenly Julia came besides me and stood their along with me not saying a word

"What Julia?"

"Umm...nothing"

"What is it? You want to dance."

"Nope. I have two left feet. It's better I dont."

"So. You don't like dancing"

"Not at all. What about you?"

"I don't. Unless it was with her."

As I said that, again an awkward silence came within us which she broke,

"You know what. I want to dance. Can we please dance?"

"No. I'm not dancing"

"Pleassseeeee. Please please please please."

"Okay shut up. I will dance. Happy?"

"Very"

With that she pulled my hands and dragged me to the dance floor.

As we were dancing, she kept smiling looking at me. She always smiled but today she was smiling more than usual.

"If you have anything to say Julia. Just say it."

"Well. There's this girl. She seems to be....you know. Interested in you."

I rolled my eyes at that statement.

"And what am I supposed to do with that."

"Look. I know you love Sabrina. But she would want you to be happy. Atleast talk to that girl. If you don't like her. Then okay fine."

"Nope. Not happening."

"Wait. There's that girl," she said looking to her right," you see that girl with that black gown. That is her."

Although I was not interested, I still turned. And what I saw, shocked me. It was none other than Draco's girlfriend. She was standing alone as she was slowly having a drink.

"What did she tell you about me?"

"You know. She was just randomly asking questions about you."

Immediately my jaw clenched. So Draco wanted to find information about my business and he was using his own girlfriend for that. Pathetic.

"You know what Julia. I think I should atleast try talking to her."

"YESSS," she screamed, making the few people around us turn to look at her.

Immediately she lowered her head in embarrassment. God. This woman

"Sorry," she said. Her cheeks completely red with shame

I just laughed as I left her and went towards that woman's direction. Ava right. Yes. That is what he said her name was.

As I reached her, I lightly tapped her shoulders and when she turned, I could see her eyes were filled with shocked.

"Miss Ava. May I have this dance?"

Hello everyone. So I wanted to give a slightly longer update today. As most of you know, Ramadan is starting. So I might not be able to update frequently. I will try to update during Ramadan. But I can't make any promises

Anyway, I hope you all are staying home. And staying safe.

Advanced Ramadan Kareem💕