Chapter Thirty-eight: Most Awaited Battles

Dedicated to:
fadeadaway fra_frangi
pickmeupmomrn
WOOJAEBERRIES
maryrosedahuya

~*~*~*~*~

While the other X-Force members made their way inside the building to save Koeun, the Chinese boys struggled with their own side of the mission. Dragging a wounded Haechan out towards their van was no easy task, despite them being two against one.

"Come on!" Seeing their van up ahead, Renjun groaned at no one in particular. His body, especially his shoulders, was starting to ache. His small shoulders weren't enough to support Haechan's weight.

Add to that, being the eldest and more experienced among them- since Haechan couldn't do anything at this point, he had to keep an eye out for enemies that might appear out of nowhere. They were outside, which meant they were most likely to be seen.

"Move faster, Chenle!" He was getting a little frustrated due to the fact that Haechan was losing blood, some even splattered on the ground.

"I'm trying!" The other said through gritted teeth, adjusting his hold of Haechan's arm. Their feet continued to scrape against the gravel, with Haechan's shoes mostly causing the noise.

Renjun got more and more hopeful and eager when they got closer to their van. Unlike their previous mission, Chenle dropped the idea of using an ice cream van as a disguise and provided a black, bulletproof one.

Finally, they had arrived behind their van, with Renjun immediately throwing orders at Chenle. "Open the doors."

The younger one obliged, one hand reaching for the handle. Swinging both doors open, he let Renjun take care of Haechan first and climbed inside. Once he had settled in, he extended his arms to take him. "Come on."

Renjun carefully lifted Haechan in but the latter still hissed and groaned. Chenle grabbed and pulled him in, avoiding his wound at all costs, before letting him sit to lean against the side of the van.

"This seems shittier than I thought." Haechan remarked in between breaths.

"You still have time to throw remarks?" Chenle looked at him unbelievingly as he searched for the medical kit.

Meanwhile, Renjun had slammed the doors close and was about to move towards the driver's seat when somebody fired a shot towards his way all of a sudden. "What the-" To his luck, it hit the side of the van instead of him, but he still slightly cowered and flinched.

"What was that?" Chenle paused for a second when they felt something hit their vehicle.

But Haechan ignored his question, becoming worried about what was about to happen, especially to Renjun. "Renjun?"

The said boy had recovered from flinching and quickly took cover behind the van, leaning against it as he prepared his pistol. He heard Haechan through the earpiece. "Don't worry. Continue with the treatment. I got this." With that, he poked out of his cover and fired two shots.

The person, who was already nearing them, quickly hid himself behind a tree, avoiding the bullets. After the bullets hit the trunk, he took the opportunity to also fire two shots.

Renjun had seen this and went back to lean against the van's doors before it could reach him. Feeling it hit close to his face, he had confirmed who he just saw judging by his physique.

It was the Elites' hacker, Hendery.

Apparently, Hendery had located their unit coming out of the building, and since the rest of his team were out to take the others, he had to take matters to himself.