Chapter Thirty-one: The Message

Dedicated to:
moansta smnthjyflrs
oreoLLi darwangsa
koeunique unbelvisoo
Pickled-Radish
fornakamurahina

~*~*~*~*~

"Search for their guns." Was the guard's command to the other two. Nodding, the two men in similar black suits slowly approached the boys, pointing their guns towards them.

Unable to do anything yet, Jeno obligately raised his hands in surrender, keeping a wary eye on the two. For the first time in a while, Jaemin remained his mouth shut, being cautious about the situation.

Finally, each of the two guards stopped in front of the boys, about to search for their weapons. Jeno eyed the pistol of the man who was about to do a body search on him. His eyes, then, gave a quick glance at the other one who gave the order. Jaemin, on the other hand, gritted his teeth in anger as he watched.

Let's keep this quiet as much as possible, was Jeno's thought before his hands swiftly landed on the man's shoulders beside him and kneed him on where the sun doesn't shine. The man cried out in pain but Jeno wasn't done yet. He twisted the man's arm to his back, making him loosen his grip on the pistol. Taking the gun before it could slip down the man's back, he used it to knock him out.

Beside him, Jaemin had elbowed the other guard's chin, hard enough to almost break his neck, before he grabbed the man's hand that was clutching the pistol and twisted it backwards. As the man yelped, Jaemin took the gun and hit the back of the man's head.

Jeno and Jaemin pushed the unconscious bodies on the floor before hearing a gunshot and seeing a bullet about to hit one of them. They immediately moved their feet to avoid it and the bullet passed between them. Their jaws clenched at this and glared at the man who fired it.

So much for keeping this quiet, Jeno thought. He was about to take a shot towards the man but realized that the gun he was holding contained real bullets. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, he threw the gun to the side and was about to pull his from his waistband when someone else shot the man, his body immediately falling towards the floor.

When Jeno's snapped towards Jaemin's direction, he saw Jaemin already clutching his own gun out. "Pretty sure that gunshot had already caused a chaos. Let's head back."

Just like what Jaemin had said, the gunshot was loud enough for people to hear back inside the ballroom. Haechan and Mark had noticed it too and they knew it was related to Jeno's unit.

Hearing Renjun about the other unit being exposed, Mark was left with no choice but to fight back.

While the guards focused on the sound of the gunshot, and attendees began to run and scream in the background, Mark and Haechan quickly pulled their guns out, aiming towards them. Taken aback, before the men could do anything, the two boys already pulled the triggers, with Haechan hitting two and the rest to Mark.

The consecutive gunshots that followed the first one a few seconds later had alerted the rest of the guards inside the room. "Search for them!" One of them ordered the rest through their earpieces. The guards that were scattered around sprang to their feet as the party abruptly ended. Men in their expensive suits and women in their elegant gowns started to flee from the middle of the room, each of them had only one objective in mind: to escape without getting shot.