Chapter Thirty-seven: The Rematch

Dedicated to:
lithyuck MyRainism
weirdlyweirdd _crepvxule

~*~*~*~*~

"What's going on?" Was the first thing Hina blurted out once she entered their training room.

Apparently, the Elites were informed about a commotion happening somewhere inside the building but they still didn't know why and who were causing it. They were waiting for Koeun's meeting with the chief to end when it happened.

The other members were already gearing themselves up when she arrived. Yangyang was already putting on his bulletproof vest while Hendery was already done with his black combat suit but was typing away in front of his laptop.

"I'm not quite sure," Xiaojun replied on behalf of everyone, pushing his hand inside a black tactical glove. "but it is something serious." He also finished putting the other glove, giving it a tug before he opened and clenched his hand back and forth to make itself comfortable.

"Suit up, Hina." Lucas commanded as he finished filling a magazine with bullets, sliding it back inside a magazine well. "We need everyone to handle this."

"Everyone?" Hina repeated, making her way towards the table, beside Xiaojun, to grab a handgun. This must be really serious.

"From what I have heard, they have taken down everyone on the first floor." Lucas added further, causing Xiaojun to glance at him as the latter moved to get his own bulletproof vest.

Hearing this news made Hina think, placing the gun on her gun holster that was hooked on her firearm belt. "Do you think it's the X-Force?"

This made all of them, aside from Hina, halt to whip their heads at her. Her question caught them off guard somehow but they knew it fit the description of somebody who'd infiltrate the building. The X-Force is best at that. They couldn't disagree with it.

Then their eyes threw knowing glances at each other while Hina waited for their response. It was possible that the X-Force was here for one reason.

"Everyone," But before they could respond, all of them averted their attention towards the incoming Agent Lee. "gather around."

The way he gave his order meant serious business. The Elites immediately gathered close to him. "Sir, do you know what is happening?" It was Yangyang who asked.

Agent Lee had finally stopped in front of them, giving them a stern look. "Yes, we are being attacked by the X-Force." He didn't bother beating around the bush.

The Elites gave him different reactions; some gaped at him, some bit their lips, and some clenched their jaws. "What for?" Hendery asked.

"It seems like they're here to take Koeun back." Agent Taeyong answered.

"Koeun?!"

"I knew it." Xiaojun let out a frustrated sigh, his right hand balling into a fist. Koeun just had returned to their agency, and now they want to take her again.

As if they would let that happen.

"What do they want from her?" It was Hina's turn to ask. She couldn't handle the fact that these criminals had to go through this again just for her.

Agent Lee was getting annoyed by the questions, but he had to answer either way. "Earlier, while being the chief, Koeun had told him about the information she had gathered while being with the group." He began his lie. "Apparently, she had found out about their plans on destroying the government and now they want her for that."