Chapter-11

Surbhi rang the doorbell of her friend's house. It had been a long time since the two went shopping and she was really looking forward to the spa. Lately her morning sickness was getting worse and she desperately needed a break.

"Surbhi you are blocking the doorway. We need to go right? Where are you lost?" asked her friend Saumya.

Her attention immediately shifted towards Saumya. Seeing her donning a jeans and tank top her mouth hung open. Meanwhile Saumya's phone beeped so she took out her phone.

Her nose was still in her phone when Surbhi said, "Saumya are you insane? You are going shopping with your future mather in-law."

"What? Sorry actually I was checking my messages to see if there was an emergency."

"Phew. Surbhi control your tongue. It slips a lot," Surbhi kicked her brain mentally.

With a look of frustration and anger to hide her sheepishness she said, "Are you insane? Why are you wearing this. You should wear something which screams shopping."

Before Saumya could even react she was dragged to her room.

After looking for a dress for a good fifteen minutes Surbhi spoke up, " It is a fashion emergency. Your wardrobe needs a makeover."

Rolling her eyes Saumya said, "Oh God you never had a problem with my attire before. Why do you have to be so dramatic?"

"That was because back then your sense of fashion was great. The same can't be said now. Wear this," she said handing Saumya a lavender coloured knee-length frock.

"Are you mad?"

Until a few years ago Saumya would have screamed on getting offered to wear a frock. However everything changes with time and so had this.

"What are you staring at? You have no option. Wear it duh," she said matter-of-factly.

After getting ready the two women headed out the door.

"Saumya where are the rest? I mean Pia's not there. Aunty and her daughter aren't here either."

"Actually Pia will stay with Akshit today at his place. Aunty and Sanyukta Di will join us at the mall. Actually Di lives in Lodhi Road Area so they will come from there."

Nodding the two girls sat in the car and sped away. Speeding through the lush green streets the girls were enjoying the fresh air.

The car came to a halt in front of Select City Walk Mall, Saket. Getting out of the car the girls started walking.

"Wow its been such a long time since we went shopping."

Rolling her eyes Saumya said, "You do remember we went shopping two weeks ago."

In a duh tone she replied, "That's a long time. Moreover it's been so long since we came to Select City Walk."

"If you will have a bit of mercy on this bestie I would go to Crossword. I am running short on books."

"Saumya correct me if I am wrong but your study room has as many as a thousand books still you are running short. I must agree though it's been a long time since I read Agatha Christie's works."

"It's decided that we will go to crossword then okay."

Nodding in affirmation Surbhi started walking towards the Shopper's Stop.

"Hey girl wait. We have to go to Blue Moon Spa first. Aunty and Di must be waiting."

"We have to go to spa first?"