Chapter 26 - Hormonal

Rahul wanted to approach her, but didn't know how to. Riya wasn't her usual self, very much emotional, perhaps the pregnancy was doing that to her.

"Riya, like I stated before, I'm currently not seeing anybody, nor are we in a relationship, therefore technically speaking I could date!"

"Ugh you're being unbelievable! How can you say such things!" Riya said mad. Rahul was visibly confused. He didn't know what he had said that made her mad, because for sure he didn't want to upset her.

"Riya, please calm down, either you're very hormonal or jealous!" He said a little exhausted and tired. If looks could kill he would be dead by now.

"I am neither! It's just.." she said a tad annoyed in between her sobs.

"Yes?"

Riya tried to think of something that would make her look understandable.

"What if the baby arrives suddenly and you're not here?"

Rahul got quiet. She had made a very good point. Perhaps he was being selfish by going out on dates and everything. After all he had promised Riya to be there for her, so he couldn't possibly miss the birth of his first child by being on a date with another woman. Rahul would just explain everything to Bree and hopefully she'd understand. He let out a sigh. Rahul was tired and didn't want to continue fighting with Riya.

"I'm sorry, I'll be more considerate from now on. I will give you my full attention, I promise." He said and gently approached her and calmed her down with a hug. Riya looked at him a bit unsure. She won this round, but she felt quite guilty. Riya was in no place to forbid him from dating. It was not like he was committed to her in any way. Her only problem was that she was very scared and afraid. Afraid of having to go through this process alone. Throughout this whole pregnancy Rahul had sort of become her strength and comfort pillar. She depended on him no matter how much she hated it.

"I'm sorry too for being so much to handle.. it's the pregnancy." She apologized while hugging him back.

"I'm sure it must be hard to carry a baby, but you're doing a great job, now it's very late we should go sleep!" Riya nodded. So both went to bed.

The following day it was Saturday. Which meant Rahul had no work and could actually spend some time with Riya. After both had eaten breakfast he asked.
"What do you want to do today?"

"Would you like to come along shopping? I want to make sure I have everything ready for when she comes."
Rahul smiled. He didn't mind the idea at all.

"Sounds like a nice plan, why not." He said. Both started getting ready and met downstairs afterwards. They walked to Rahul's car and started driving to the mall. Arriving at the mall they went to some of the baby shops. Riya had a look around while Rahul followed her. Riya had set her eyes on a beautiful purple jumper. she excitedly took it and showed it to Rahul.

"I'm sure it will look very good on her, we should get it!" He said just as excited. Thankfully today was a better day than yesterday. And these little experiences they had because of the baby made them bond stronger.

"Alright we should take it then."
Now Rahul's eyes were set on a little teddy bear. It looked similar to a bear he used to own as a baby. He took it.

"She's going to be one spoiled baby." Riya giggled.

"For sure. But these are just essentials." He laughed as well. Shortly after Rahul went and paid for the stuff and walked out with Riya.

"I don't know about you, but I'm starving." Riya exclaimed.

"I could go for some lunch too! How about some chinese?" He said and dragged her to the nearest chinese restaurant. They enjoyed the rest of the day together.