Chapter 10 - Back to normal

The next two weeks passed as usual. Riya had fallen back to her old routine and Rahul moved on with his life as well. Neither of them had heard a word from each other, but that was for the best. Riya had another gig today so she prepared everything she would need. She packer her guitar and headed downstairs. Before she could leave she was called by her father.

"Riya can I talk to you for a second?" He said.

"Not right now, I have to go, don't wait up for me." Riya said and left. Her father sighed. He didn't seem to be able to break down the walls to get to her. Riya felt bad about being so cold towards her father, but he left her no choice. She drove to the bar she was playing at. There she met her friends. Riya's friends were very supportive of her which she truly appreciated. Riya greeted her friends with a hug and got things settled on stage.

Rahul shut down his computer and grabbed the last of his things and left. He head back home. Arrived at home he took a shower and changed into something more comfortable. He sat down and started watching a random movie shown on TV. Although he had pretty much moved on, Riya still would cross his mind from time to time. He had processed the whole incident difficulty. He shook away his thoughts and continued to watch the movie.

Riya just finished her performance and joined her friends at the bar.

"You were amazing Riya!" Courtney cheered her on.

"Thanks court." She smiled.

"Can you stay for a drink or is Ms. Superstar too busy?" Jay annoyed her.
Riya rolled her eyes at him.

"I guess I can make some time for you since you're begging me!" She playfully nudged him and laughed. The boys began talking and so did the girls.

"So tell me Riya, what happened to your "friend" " Courtney asked her curiously.

"Court I told you, I don't believe in things like true love! Although we went out on a date, he was still like all the others. Men are men and all of them are after the same thing, so you can guess what happened on our second date, but to answer your question, he's history." Riya answered a bit annoyed.

"Someone's moody, sorry for asking."
Riya looked apologetically at her friend.

"Sorry I didn't mean it like that."

"It's okay don't worry, let's have a drink!"

"I'll pass, don't feel like drinking." Riya explained. Mark dramatically gasped.

"What has gotten into you?!" He laughed at his remark.

"Idiot." She mumbled.
She talked a little more to her friends and then headed home. Riya was exhausted. She needed a full night of sleep. Once she arrived at home she rushed to bed.

Rahul had finished his movie and turned off the tv. He started cleaning the house before going to bed. He liked to be organized and clean. That was one of Raul's special traits. After cleaning the entire place he went to his bedroom. He pulled out the book he recently bought and began reading. Slowly yet peacefully he dozed off to sleep.