18 - Birthday

"You're gonna make a scene if you do this, Joohyun" Yoonoh warned the petite vampire, firmly grabbing her wrist to stop her any movement.

"I can't just watch that girl mess with Seulgi, I have to do something" Joohyun argued, trying to escape Yoonoh's tight grip.

"Calm down, Joohyun" Yerim rubbed the older one's back.

Yuta on the other hand was too busy watching the scene from miles away.

The five top class vampires were on their way to fetch Seulgi in the school's dining hall, so they could prepare together for tonight's celebration. As they neared, they saw a commotion happening through the full glass windows in the dining hall. Thanks to the exceptional abilities they possess, one of which is hearing, the vampires soon figured out that an unfamiliar girl was messing with Seulgi.

"Seulgi can defend herself" Taeyong countered, listening attentively to the arguing females as they stood outside the building.

"You didn't really get invited to Joohyun's birthday, am I right?" Min Yoojung loudly asked to humiliate Seulgi even more. "I bet you just made it up. Because if it were true, then why are you still here? Shouldn't you be with them by now?" She hissed.

Seulgi stared at her with a stoic expression, maintaining her composure. After all, Yoojung seemed to be the type of person who hears what she only wants to hear. So, it was useless to argue.

"You're just a self-proclaimed 'friend' of theirs. Gosh, how delusional" Yoojung dramatically spoke, smirking.

Yoojung was stupid enough to think she won the arguement because of her silence. "What now Seulgi? You can't make up an explanation to cover up your lies?"

"I don't owe you any explanation, Yoojung" Seulgi replied nonchalantly.

"Just say you're being pathetic and delusional!" Yoojung took a step forward, roughly pushing Seulgi's shoulders.

Seungwan scoffed at the words Yoojung spat at her friend. "How about you admit the fact that you're just envious of Seulgi instead?" She retorted.

"Oooh!!" The students who were watching hollered, pissing her off.

Yoojung shot her a death glare. "I wasn't talking to you!" She pushed Seungwan to the ground.

Seulgi balled her fists, losing her temper. She harshly grabbed her wrist and twisted her arm, making her shrill in pain.

"Don't you dare touch any of my friends with your filthy hands," Seulgi spoke direly, twisting her arm even more. "I don't think you would like me to kick you to the ground again just like the last time, would you?" She smirked.

Yoojung groaned in agony, unable to wriggle herself off of Seulgi's tight hold.

"Let's go, Seulgi" Joohyun approached them, holding onto her arm. "She's not worth your time"

Seulgi abruptly let go of her arm, making her lose balance and fall to the ground. She took a deep breath to calm down her nerves.

Yoojung stared at them wide-eyed, almost turning pale for she was not expecting the arrival of the five vampires.

"Are you alright?" Yuta kneeled down to Seungwan's level, helping her stand up.

"Yeah, thank you" Seungwan offered a small smile, unable to look directly in his eyes.

Taeyong slowly walked up to Yoojung with a dark expression as he stared down at her direction. And if looks could kill, her body would be lifelessly lying on the floor by now.