07 - Ruby

"Ruby calm down" Joohyun told the hyper papillon that's been trying to wiggle itself out of her grasp.

The dog only barked in return, making her frown. Joohyun had been running all Saturday afternoon because of Ruby's unwavering energy. She had the dog secured in a leash, but that didn't stop it from dragging her around the neighbourhood.

"Why did Taeyong even leave you with me? Knowing well enough you don't like me" She sulked, putting the dog down. "Or anyone in the matter"

"Aren't you even thirsty from all the running?" She asked, even if she knew she wouldn't get any proper answer.

"Because I am" She spotted a near convenience store and decided to get herself a drink before she'd faint because of dehydration.

She didn't have to worry about leaving the dog alone outside because pets were allowed inside. She just hoped that Ruby would behave, worried that the dog might damage something inside the store.

She grabbed a bottle of water from the display fridge and went to the counter to pay. Ruby stayed still for a moment. Not long after, a monarch butterfly caught its attention from other side of the glass door.

Once the butterfly was out of its sight, Ruby didn't hesitate to run after it. And as if on cue a tall man entered the store, making it easier for the dog to get out.

"Ruby!" She mentally cursed herself for letting the dog get away.

She glared at the man who just opened the door. He didn't even bother stopping the dog from going out, making her annoyed.

"Sorry" Joohyun heard him quietly say. She sighed, knowing he wasn't really the one to be blamed.

She just offered a small smile before chugging down her water. Just when she was about to start running after Ruby, the dog was suddenly out from her sight.

She traced its scent to locate its whereabouts. Once she successfully figured where it was, she started running with the use of vampire speed.

Seulgi sat on one of the benches under the large oak tree in the neighbourhood's park. She rested her back on the trunk with her eyes closed.

She always found comfort in nature especially when she was alone. She liked listening to the birds' chirp and the sound of the leaves rustling. She breathed in the earthy smell of her surroundings, smiling softly when she felt a gush of wind kiss her cheeks.

"Oh?" She slowly opened her eyes, feeling something on the tip of her nose.

A butterfly sat gracefully on the tip of her nose. Its black and orange wings flapped ever so slightly. She smiled, not daring to move a muscle, afraid that the insect would fly away.

"Oh my-" She yelped in surprise when she felt something land on her lap. A frown painted her lips once the butterfly flew away.

She heard a panting sound, her gaze falling down her lap. "A dog?"

The small dog with a mixture of black, brown, and white fur stared at her with curious eyes. Its tongue was hanging out from its mouth, panting.

"Well, hello there little angel" She cooed, carefully petting the dog who leaned against her touch.

She smiled at the positive reaction of the dog. "Where's your owner?"

The dog didn't answer, instead continued to stare at her with the same sparkling eyes.

"Wow, its eyes are like jewels" She thought to herself, admiring them even more.

"You're owner's probably looking for you" She said, cradling the dog in her chest as she stood up.