01 - Party

Seulgi bit her bottom lip in search of her friend in the sea of crowd. She awkwardly stood on the side of the main door of the hall as her eyes continued to scan the large room filled with humans and well, vampires.

The party was held every year by their school to acquaint with one another, though it seemed like humans only mingled with humans; and vampires with vampires.

The red carpet that led to the stage separated the two beings inside the hall; black clothed humans on the right, and red clothed vampires on the left.

Sighing in defeat, she assumed her friend was late for the party. Straightening her cocktail dress, she walked down the red carpet, making her way to the dessert table next to the stage.

She had no plans on walking down the red carpet in the first place, it'll just draw unwanted attention by the people around her. But if she decided to walk by the crowd of humans, she knew she'd eventually bump into someone and had to converse with them, and she was too hungry to even bother to have a talk with them.

Her mouth fell open once she got a better look of the desserts laid on the table. "Wow" She immediately closed her mouth shut before she could drool.

"Ooh, macaroons" She tried a piece first before grabbing more to put on her plate.

"Oh, donuts!" She did the same with the ring shaped dessert.

"Wah, blueberry cheesecake" She also took a slice of it.

"Dark chocolate coated strawberries!" She squealed in excitement, taking a few pieces to put on her plate.

Munching on the strawberries, she hadn't notice a female figure staring at her in amusement. "Is it yummy?"

Seulgi almost choked on her food, the woman only chuckled at her actions. Once she stopped coughing, she stared at the woman with big eyes.

Seulgi was not even sure what to feel. Shocked? Annoyed? Embarrassed? Perhaps all three. She was shocked by her sudden appearance; annoyed by the smirk etched on her lips; embarrassed because a stranger kept watching her eat like a pig, and choke on her food.

"I'm sorry?" The woman plastered a polite smile on her face.

"Is the food yummy?" She motioned the tower of desserts on her plate.

"Yes, yes it is" She nodded while smiling. "Especially the strawberries"

"You are?" The woman asked.

"Seulgi. Kang Seulgi, and you?"

"Son Seungwan" She offered her hand to shake, which she gladly took.

"I'm sorry if I scared you earlier by the way" Seungwan apologized, chuckling.

"It's alright" She smiled. "Are you with anyone?"

"Not really, you're the first friend I made ever since I transferred yesterday" She explained, feeding herself with a strawberry. "Wow, it really does taste good!"

"Told you" She giggled at her expression. "You said you transferred yesterday? From what school are you from?"

"I'm actually from Canada" She explained.

"Are you perhaps in the same grade as me?"

"Classmates, even" She said. "I was supposed to approach you yesterday, but you kept talking with someone, I didn't want to bother you both"

"Oh, you mean Youngho? He's a great friend of mine, I'm sure you'd click with him well" And as if on cue, the tall lad appeared next to Seulgi.

"Sorry I was late!" He apologized before turning to the unfamiliar face. "Hey, I'm Youngho. I suppose your Seulgi's friend?"

"Yeah, my name is Seungwan" She smiled, bowing politely.

"Why were you late?" Seulgi asked as the three looked for an unoccupied table to sit on.

"I couldn't decide which suit to use" He explained. "Does this look good on me though?"

"It does" Seungwan answered, making him smile.

"Well thank you, Seungwan" He playfully fixed his tie.

Once they found a free table to sit on, Seulgi placed her plate down before excusing herself. "Hey, I just need to go to the bathroom first"

The two nodded, and with that she made her way to the nearest restroom she could find.

"Youngho?" He turned his head towards the direction of the voice.

"Taeil!" He exclaimed, standing up to give him a bro hug.

"Taeil, this is Seungwan. Seungwan this is Taeil" Youngho introduced them to each other.

Taeil's eyes slightly widened when he met eyes with Seungwan, but was quick to regain his composure. "Hi" He awkwardly smiled, making Youngho stifle his laughter.

"Hi" She said in a cheerful tone. "Have a seat" She motioned for him to sit.

He coughed to ease the awkwardness before sitting beside Youngho. "Yeah, thanks"

"I heard they're back" Taeil began, earning the attention of the two.

"Who is?" She curiously asked.

"Triple Threat" He whispered, not wanting anyone else to hear the rumors.

"That can't be. They didn't attend classes yesterday" He said, confused.

"One of them is the son of the owner of this school, of course it's possible" He countered.

"But they've been away for what? Three whole years. It's our last year in highschool, why did they come back so suddenly?" He asked with knitted brows.

"Wait, what are you talking about? And who's triple threat?" Seungwan asked, unable to grasp their conversation.

"You don't know who they are?" Taeil asked to which she shook her head no.

"I'm originally from Canada, and I just transferred yesterday"

"Oh" He nodded in understanding. "Well actually triple threat- oh sh- they're here!" He pointed to the direction of the main door.

The other two whipped their heads to where the three just entered, their mouths falling open.

Three drop-dead gorgeous visuals in red. Vampires.

✎ golden_wonder