"I need to go to the bathroom," she answered.

Just as he was about to help her sit up, Ye-jin looked at him and gave him a determined look and a smile. Since the first time she got out of bed in the ICU, she hasn't been able to sit up on her own because of the pain she has on movement.

"Babe," Bin said with a worried tone.

"I just want to try," she said with a smile. "You can help me afterwards, I just wanna try sitting up on my own."

"Alright, but know when to ask for help, okay?"

"Got it," she replied.

Bin stood to the side of her bed and watched her turn to her side using the techniques her PT showed her to keep her spine straight. He gave her a smile to encourage her once she made it on her side on her own.

"You're doing good, Yejie," he said as he bent down to kiss her nose, making her smile.

Ye-jin took her time to get used to the sensation in her back from changing her position before using her arms to push herself up from the bed, simultaneously bringing her legs off the bed as she finally sat up on her own.

He leaned closer to her and held her hand as she closed her eyes, frowning while biting her lip. "I'm okay," she whispered.

"I'm okay," she said again, more to herself than Bin.

When she opened her eyes, he was smiling at her while caressing her arm.

"You did it," Bin said as he closed the gap between them and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

Ye-jin smiled and breathed in deeply through her nose, slowly exhaling through her pursed lips to expand her lungs.

"I think I'm gonna need something for pain after I use the bathroom," she said with a light chuckle while rubbing her back. "Oh my back."

"Do you want it now?" Bin asked while tucking her hair behind her ear.

"No, babe, I'll have it after I use the bathroom. I think I'm gonna sit on the chair after."

He gave her forehead a kiss before bringing her spinal brace and walker closer to the bed. The brace was something she will be using for the next couple of months unless she's in bed. As for the walker, she would still need it until she's steady enough to walk on her own without it. Given her weakened state and weak legs from the crash, she will also be using it even after discharge.

Bin was helping her put the brace around her torso and secure it when he heard her suck in a breath. He looked up and saw her eyes closed.

"Yejie, did I hurt you?" He asked with panic in his voice.

"No, no, it's not you. It feels like this every time I put the brace on. I'm just sore."

He leaned closer again and kissed her lips. "Did that help?"

"Yes," she answered right away, making him kiss her again.

"Beanieee," Ye-jin covered her face, smiling and blushing underneath her hands.

Bin laughed and kissed her forehead. "Okay, let's get you to the bathroom."

Using her walker, she walked the short distance to the bathroom while Bin made sure that she wouldn't trip over her oxygen tubing and her IV pole. He did the same thing walking her to the chair, making sure none of the tubings were tangled. With his help, she sat down.

"Are you okay?"

Ye-jin took a deep breath and smiled at him. "I'm okay, thank you."

Just as she leaned her head back, she saw a figure in the corner of her eyes. Her eyebrows met in surprise.