Connected by the soul: Chapter 3

"Do you wanna go to a restaurant or something. I'm kinda hungry." I suggest. I really just want to get out of here. This place was supposed to help me forget Alex, but whoever that Jose guy was, just made it worse. "Yeah. I know a place we can go." "Great. Let me just let Kat know." "Can you tell Sam too, their together right now. I'll meet you out front." "Yeah." I say before jogging up to Kat and letting her and Sam know that Colby and I are leaving. I walk back outside and see Colby waiting. "You ready? It's not that far, so we could walk, but I could still order an Uber if you want." "No we can walk, I need some fresh air." Colby just starts looking at me. "Again with the staring contest." I say. He still continues to look at me. "Okay, what?" I ask genuinely curious now." Oh sorry I was just thinking." He says sheepishly, while stroking his fingers through his hair. "Come on." He says while grabbing my hand. We begin to walk to the restaurant. I don't even know where it is, I was honestly just following his lead. "So what were you thinking about?" I ask. "Umm...nothing." "Yeah right. I don't believe you." "Okay fine. I was thinking about you, well not you, well no you." "Uhh.. I need further explaining." I say with a laugh. "Well I just like being around you. Your easy to talk to and your presence calms me down." "Awe, Thank you. I understand what you mean. I like being around you too." I know I just met him, but I really do like Colby. "We're here. " I look up at the restaurant and it reminds me of one I used to go to when I was actually in a loving relationship with Alex. I miss those days. I sigh without even realizing it. "What's wrong, you don't like it." He says as he opens the glass door for me. "No it's perfect I say walking in." "Hey Colby." I hear someone greet him as we find a table. "Hey man!" "I'll be right back." he says, letting go of my hand. I forgot we were even holding hands. I go and sit down at the table. I take my phone out of my purse and see if I got any notifications. I just got one from Kat saying her and all the girls are gonna be at at Sam's house. I text her back thanking her for letting me know, then put my phone down. Colby comes walking back with the guy he said hi to. "Hey, sorry that took me so long. I haven't been here in a while and we were just catching up." "Hey, I'm Nick." The guy introduces himself. He has blond hair, blue eyes, and big dimples when he smiles. He actually kind of looks like Colby. "Hey, I'm Bri." I say as Colby sits down next to me. "So how long have you guys been dating?" Nick asks. "Oh no were not." Colby says with a small blush. "But you like her, because you brought her here." "What does he bring all the girls he likes here?" I asks. "Please don't encourage him." Nick just completely ignores Colby's last comment. "No. I've never seen Colby take anyone here. Usually he comes here to relax and be alone. That's actually why I thought you were dating." "Oh really." I smile and turn towards Colby. "Yeah, I come to be alone, so leave us alone." He says with a laugh. "Okay, but if you guys aren't dating, give Bri my phone number. He walks away, but before he fully gets to the counter he turns around and winks. "Well he seems nice." I laugh out. "Yeah, he's annoying though." "You should give me his number, I'll help get him off your plate." I say as a joke, but curious to know Colby's response. "Hey. That's not funny." He pouts. "Aww is my poor baby sad." I say, placing my hand on his cheek. Nick comes back holding a German chocolate cake, with a candle on it. "Hey I thought you guys weren't dating." He says placing down the cake. "And to think I was so close." "Nick we barley met today." "Wow you guys move fast." He says. He really is relentless. What did Colby tell him when we came in?