Spark

"My family's been sending tons of letters after what happened!", Todd said. "I heard most of the herbivores were getting letters, too."

"I don't really blame them.", Alan picked at his breakfast. "They send their kids to an accredited school, and next thing they know a student winds up dead. They're probably worried sick..."

Alan could sense the growing tensions around the cafeteria. Some herbivores were keeping their distance and even sending glares towards the carnivores. It seemed to be the same vice versa, neither side wanting to let up because of what's going on. Alan didn't like this, feeling like the incident with Tem would repeat itself if things didn't calm down soon.

His thoughts drifted to the Drama Club. He saw one of the posters for the play they were putting on, and it intrigued him. From what he heard, it told the story of a reaper protecting a girl he has to kill. Although he only heard snippets of the story, he liked the idea of a reaper protecting a soul. It felt like a paradox, a being meant to take souls trying to protect one instead.

"I bet you'd make amazing plays.", he smiled slightly at Tem's remark. He had kept the card with him, so maybe it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

"Hey! I apologized, damn it!", he perked up at the sudden shout. Looking over, he saw a lot of other students staring at a German Shepard yelling at a fox. He could see Todd trying his best to hold it together.

"What's going on with them?", he whispered as the two kept going at each other.

"I think the fox stepped on the dog's tail. It's hard to tell—"

"Ow! Damn it!", the dog suddenly bit into the fox's arm, both of them struggling with one another.

Alan grit his teeth as he watched the two, a few students yelling to get a teacher and keeping the herbivores back. He could feel his blood boil as the two tumbled on the ground. He hated this, he hated the fact that this was "normal". It made him want to go at them himself, anything to make it stop.

He got up, ignoring Todd's worried look as he started towards the two.

"Stop it!"

    He froze, looking ahead to see Legosi standing up, an enraged look on his face as his fangs were bare. The entire room seemed to go silent, the wolf covering his mouth with a hand as the fox focused his attention on him. Legosi seemed to be regretful as he tried to avoid a fight, but the fox wasn't having it.

"Hey.", the human said as the fox and Legosi turned towards him in shock. "Legwolf doesn't want to fight, so forget about it."

"What, you think just because you're human, you can take on a carnivore?"

"Not at all. I just don't like people picking fights.", he said cooly with a sideways glance. Everyone was focused on him now, Legosi looking at him like he was crazy.

"Alright, then how about you try, then? I doubt you'd even last a second with me!"

Alan arched his back, glowering at the fox before he felt a familiar warmth in the air. His gaze shifted around, trying to pick the animal out from the others. It wasn't until a hand touched his shoulder that he tensed up, hearing some students screaming in joy.

"Good grief. Carnivores must have it rough.", the deer said as he stepped beside the now frozen Alan.

The fox looked baffled for a moment before smirking, "Well if it isn't Mr.Aristocrat himself."

"It's considered bad manners to bare your fangs in public.", Louis said with his head tilted up. "If you're going to fight, do it in the carnivore dorm."