two

Elijah Valentino

Elijah Valentino

I PUSHED OPEN the glass door of the cafeteria, phone and soda in hand. I walked quickly, in a rush to get home. I was a few steps away from the gates, when a girl bumped into me. My soda spilled onto her jacket when we collided. She started yelling, but I zoned out her words, staring at her.

"-Watch where you're going!" She yelled, breaking my train of thought. She was taking some tissues out, wiping the soda off.

"Me? You were the one who bumped into me!" I yelled back.

"I did not! You were the one who bumped into me." The girl said, jabbing her finger against my chest.

"Whatever."

"Asshole." I hear her say as I walked away. I continued my walk back home, putting my headphones in, tuning out the world.

I took my headphones out of my ears as I saw the light blue walls of my house in the distance. I jogged up the steps, opening the door.

"Ma! I'm home!" I threw my bag on the couch, walking into the kitchen. Ma stood in front of the stove top, stirring the pot filled with her famous Bucatini all'Amatriciana.

"Eli! Good you're home, finally. Took you long enough." Ma said, turning away from the pot of pasta.

I took out the plates and utensils from the drawers, setting up the table. I grabbed the cups, filling them with water. Ma walked out of the kitchen, a bowl of Bucatini all'Amatriciana in hand. We sat down, eating quietly.

"Eli, a boy was over earlier, he said his name was Neal? Very pretty boy, you should date him" Ma said, breaking the quiet atmosphere.

I looked up when I heard 'Neal', mouth wide open and full of pasta.

"Ma, he's just an old friend." I replied.

"Ah sure, just a friend." Ma said, putting air quotes on the word 'friend'.

I shook my head and laughed it off. I shoveled the rest of my pasta into my mouth, in a rush to finish eating and call Neal. I finished, getting up and placing my plate and utensils in the sink. I jogged upstairs, entering my room. I took my phone out of my pocket, looking for Neal's contact.

Hey, why did you come over earlier?

I typed, sending the message after a few seconds of thinking.

I threw my phone on the bed, heading into the bathroom to shower. After my shower, I changed into some sweatpants. Jumping onto the bed, I grabbed my phone. One message from Neal.

Hey Eli, I just wanted to talk to you about what happened last month. Are you free right now?

Yeah, where do you want to meet?

The park at 4?

here's chapter two, sorry that its really short

here's chapter two, sorry that its really short. I don't have the motivation to write right now.
sheena.