Chapter 24

Yuichi's POV

Still broken from Marie's death and the fact we had to leave her behind, we continued to run into the dark hoping to find the light of the outside. Running, splatting, swimming. We did our best trying to find Kaguya and the exit. Already hours have passed since we entered the building. 

"Where is the exit!" Pearl asked starting to slow down. 

"I agree, can we rest for a while? We've been running for hours!" Marina said. 

"Ughh, fine! Let's find a good place to hide and sleep for a while. We'll switch lookouts." Yuki says. We all nodded and started to look around the room we were in for a place hidden from view and big enough for all of us to sleep. 

"Guys, Here!" I exclaim, pointing to a dark place. Everyone came over and agreed that this was a good place. 

"I'll take watch first, I'm eldest and... I want to be by myself for a while." Callie volunteered. 

"Okay, Please be careful," Yuki said. 

"Mhm, I will. Thanks, Yuki." Callie smiled. We then all except for Callie leaned up against the wall ready to sleep. I saw Koutarou snuggled up to Yuki and felt a bit sad that Erina wasn't with me. Why did she lie to me? To us? I thought I did a good job taking care of her and letting her experience the world the inklings lived in. Why did she betray us, Even after Cap'n called her Agent 7 of the new squidbeak splatoon? The places we went, the stories I told her, All for nothing. I slept with the hurting memories lingering inside me. 

************

"Yuichi-san! Yuichi-san! Wake up please!" I woke up to the sound of a familiar voice. 

"Erina? Is that you?" I say. Everywhere I looked was only white. I couldn't see anything. 

"Yuichi-san. Yuichi-san. This way This way." The voice continued. I continued to look around to see Erina, Not Kaguya, But Erina standing a few meters away from me. 

"Erina!" I exclaim and try to stand up, but my legs were weak and I couldn't feel them at all. 

"Yuichi-san. Please listen to me. Kaguya isn't Me! She is my twin sister! She knocked me out dragged me away and now I'm in this dark room and I can't see anything! Please help me! I can't take it anymore." Erina pleaded. I nodded. 

"Alright, I'll try and find you as soon as I can. I'm so glad you're not Kaguya." I said. She smiled and disappeared into nothing. 

********

"Yuichi! Wake up! We need to go!" Yuki yelled shaking me awake. I jolted awake. 

"Guys! Kaguya isn't Erina! She's her twin! Erina is trapped somewhere in a dark room! We have to find her!" I exclaim. 

"Are you crazy! It might be a trap!" Yuki yells back. 

"But! If there is even a small chance! I want to go and find her! Please! Help me find her!" I say. They all sighed. 

"Fine. We'll help. It'll be your fault if any of us DIES in this process." Yuki said. I nodded. 

"Thanks guys." I said and stood up. Mission: Find Erina. START!