𝐢𝐱- 𝐩𝐫𝗼𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Well that was fun love, we should do it again sometime." The empath grinned cheekily.

"Shut up."

Keefe wrapped his arms around Sophie's waist, pulling her in for a gentle press of the lips.

The door of their room burst open, almost knocking it off its hinges the way it swung open so quickly.

"Sophie we need to-"

Fitz stopped in his tracks after taking in the sight before him.

Keefe had been straddling Sophie, hands still snaked around her waist, with her back pushed up against the bed frame.

If that already wasn't a big enough clue,
Fitz was smart he could put two and two together. Heavy-lidded gazes, tangled hair, and swollen lips equals make out session.

In that moment, Sophie felt incredibly uncomfortable.

Fitz awkwardly cleared his throat, eyes growing wide as he watched the couple quickly detach themselves from one another and detangle their limbs.

Sophie was sure her face resembled the coloring of a fire truck, as they officially reached the pinnacle of embarrassing.

It was a... sensitive topic around Fitz. Especially considering that Sophie had turned him down only months ago when he confessed his feelings towards her. Of course she felt slightly guilty, Fitz seemed to have a worst timing, constantly catching them in the middle of  something which of course he minded more than the rest of their friends. They truly did try to keep the affectionate touches to a minimum around him.

Jealousy flared in Fitz's teal eyes, making them seem as hard as stone.

He made an attempt to clear his throat once more.

"I, um, we have a few minutes before we have to meet with Tiergian for cognate training, it's Thursday remember?"

Shit.

Sophie had completely forgotten.

"I'll uh... I'll just wait outside."

Once the door softly clicked shut behind Fitz, Sophie turned to face Keefe. He let out an irritated sigh.

"Are we ever gonna be able to act like a couple around him?"

"I know Keefe, I get it's annoying but we just have to be a little more understanding when he's around-"

"Understanding? I should be able to kiss my damn girlfriend and be affectionate without having to worry I hurt the poor guys feelings! I mean he didn't even knock, its literally our dorm and he knows full well that we're dating!"

Sophie lifted her hands and focused on rubbing the crease that had started to form in between his eyebrows, lovingly caressing Keefe's face.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to raise my voice."

A smile tugged at the corner of Sophie's lips.

"It's alright."

She pulled him in, tucking his head under her chin.

"Well, better get going before the self-appointed pda police throws another tantrum."

Sophie swung her legs over the bed and pushed up to examine herself in the mirror. She combed her hands through her hair briefly and attempted to straighten her uniform, but the white button-up blouse and plaid little skirt didn't seem to budge from their wrinkled state.

With one final glance at her boyfriend, called out an: I love you, and head out to meet Fitz.

To say the walk to class was awkward, was the understatement of the century.