Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Okay, nevermind, I see what he meant about torture.

I woke up the next morning incredibly sore, laying on my side with Dorean draped over me, his tail wrapped around one of my legs and his hot breath against the back of my neck. My whole body ached from a whole night of sex. I could never keep up with Dorean, and he knew that, so of course he'd use something like that, knowing it would punish me the next morning.

"Morning." Dorean's voice murmured in my ear and he traced his finger over my sore nipple before giving it a tweak and I hissed through clenched teeth, shifting beneath him until I could roll onto my back and Dorean snuggled up against me, wrapping his arm around my torso and kissing my chest.

"You should've been an incubus, not an imp." I grunted. Dorean purred at that, his tail coiling up under the blankets and brushing over my cock, which somehow managed to twitch to life. His smooth lightly feathered tail brushed my nipple and reached up to tickle my throat, making me squirm. Dorean giggled and ceased tickling me because I kept writhing to get away from him.

"So, you'll actually get some rest and not run away anymore?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes. Have mercy." I tacked on with a groan when his tail sank back down beneath the blankets, once again brushing my hot groin. But that was all he did, pass over it, before he propped himself up on his elbow, placing his hand over my chest.

"Fine," He conceded with a pout, then smiled again, "But you seem to be doing better today. Let's go to breakfast with your aunt. It'd be nice to get to know her a little more and it'll keep your mind off... other things." I glanced at him to see his smile falter for a moment before it came back brightly. I smiled faintly at that and tilted my head to kiss him gently on the lips.

"All right. Just... give me a minute. Let's shower first." I added. Dorean nodded and easily sprang out of bed, heading to the bathroom to start up the shower. I shook my head. He always amazed me with that endless supply of energy he had. How did he do that? You'd think as a god, I'd have the same level of energy, but I was still exhausted. I grimaced, rubbing at my chest where Atlan had struck me with the dagger. Maybe the torture did more damage than I thought, damage not even Xiphrus could heal...

I slid out of bed, moving slowly and taking my time to get to the shower where Dorean was already washing up. I stepped in with him and he offered to wash me, much to my relief, so I let him soap up my back. When we were finished, we changed and headed down the hall to my aunt's room.

"Why do you always wear black," Dorean chided me, giving my leather black jacket a pull, "You look good in red too."

"It's hard to look intimidating in anything, but black," I replied with a shrug, looking down at my attire before looking back up, "Besides, I think I look better in black."

"Red's better. It's the color that arouses people the most."

"Do you really want other people aroused when they look at me?" I asked, arching a brow. Dorean wrinkled his nose, obviously not liking that idea as he grabbed my arm and gave it a squeeze. I chuckled at that, then paused outside my aunt's door, ready to knock, but it flew open before I could even knock. My aunt stood there in her godly glory, wearing a long knit sweater, leather leggings, and carrying a boho-designed bag on her arm. She beamed when she saw us.

"Hey, you two. I was just heading over to see you. Are you headin' out?" She asked. Dorean nodded.

"We came to ask if you wanted to come to breakfast with us." He replied. I saw my aunt's eyes glow. I could tell she loved the idea of getting to know Dorean more, and Dorean wanted to her know too. I was relieved that at least one of my family members gave a shit about Dorean, and myself. It was what made it so hard to communicate with Hannibal about the whole situation; the one family member I could trust and love was the one he hated the most passionately. I dreaded the day I would have to finally come out and tell Lea the truth.