Visiting Angels

Eirene

The door opened and though I initially didn't bother stirring, the smell of human filtered through my awareness, bringing with it the reminder that my body wanted to feed. I felt my fangs elongate ever so slightly and opened my eyes as I heard soft footsteps moving toward me. It was beyond mere hunger, there was something supernaturally alluring about the man who was in the room with me.

I found myself looking at the human male who wasn't actually human, though for all my senses could tell, there was nothing supernatural about him. He was looking at the chair placed against the wall curiously and even in profile I could tell that he was attractive. He turned to look at me and I felt an unmistakable pull, that made me crave to be closer to him.

"I was about to say that 'you're awake', but I suppose vampires don't sleep, do they?" He grinned, causing dimples to form in his cheeks as he sat down in front of me.

I stilled.

He was sitting far closer than even Carbry had sat, close enough that I could reach out and touch him if I wanted. And I found myself wanting too. Very much.

Yet he seemed to have not a care in the world, like a person visiting a trusted friend.

"You should not be in here." I whispered and sat up, shifting my body purposefully backwards away from him.

"I know. They're going to be pissed when they realize that I'm here." The man grinned to me despite his statement, his easy, happy, expression breaking through the tension and exhaustion that had been weighing me down. "I"m Daryl. And you are?"

"Eirene." My eyes searched his form, his body hidden under jeans and a t-shirt that smelled vaguely like Rurik. Even now I recognized that smell. "What are you?"

"Can you eat for me?" He glanced towards the bottles, giving me a heartbreakingly hopeful look that had me reaching to grab one of them before I could think of refusing.

With a sigh, I opened the bottle and drank, closing my eyes as my body took over and devoured the entire container.

"I...am a bit of everything. A genetic experiment, really. Like the Hunters, but different. I have the ability to take in supernatural qualities when I come into contact with them. Or. Rather. Their DNA." His voice was a deep, rumbling purr, and like everything else about him, it set me at ease and made me increasingly attracted to him.

Instead of shifting closer to him like I craved to do, I grabbed the second bottle and drank from it. "You're Rurik's mate."

"His name is Ryker. That name that you use, it has nothing but bad memories for him." There was a warning in that voice, and I looked to the man, seeing his expression had darkened ever so slightly. "And I'm not here to talk about Ryker. If he chooses to speak with you, you have a lot to make up for."

I blinked a couple times in surprise, putting the second empty bottle down on the ground. Despite the fact that my thirst was abated, I did not find my attraction to the man to have lessened at all. "Then what are you here to talk about?"

"I wanted to see." He shrugged and flashed me another heart stopping smile. "I have... well, part of my gift allows me to feel whether or not someone is a good person."

"Along with your strange allure?" I reached out with my mind, if only to have some form of contact with the human, only to find my mental capabilities slip harmlessly away, as if he were another vampire.

"Yes. Ryker turned me. Sorta." He gave me a knowing look, before smirking. "So the only vampire that can do that, is Ryke."

I shook my head. "No. Vampires can't do it on other vampires, even if they are the ones who have turned you."