true colour (4)

"no need for that... i won't do anything funny" he said with an assuring look in his eyes but batool was not convinced "why should i believe you!? why should i trust anything you say?!"

that's right! i don't owe you anything

batool pressed her lips waiting to see his reaction but she was astounded to see him smiling quietly at her.

she frowned clutching the pillow even tighter "Why am i here!"

zayd calmly raised three fingers "i will answer three of your questions and no more

"what is that suppose to mean!?" batool said a nauseating feeling trying to overwhelm her.

he sighed "it means i will answer  three.. now two questions about why you are here"

batool wanted to ask how his rules were fair but... he had never been one to play by the rules so instead she asked.

"what did our parents say about you bringing me here?"

zayd scratched his head "you're my wife so what they think doesn't matter. i simply ignored them and brought you back... on my own accord"

"I'll divorce you! and they'll support me!" batool felt a lump in her throat and placed her hand infront of her mouth. "you can't divorce yourself... don't forget... i hold the ropes"

batool wanted to strangle and hang him with those stupid ropes he was talking about but she had to think carefully. the man infront of her would go through anything to get what he wants... in her situation she knew it first hand...

her lips finally parted "lets make a deal... are you in or not?"