Chapter 9

As the clock struck 9:00 am, Dhruv hurried to gather his copy, pen, a notepad, and his phone. He threw it inside the car and rushed to Levin road as he knew it would take a bit more than an hour.

"Hello Esha! I am sorry that I am late.... you know the traffic right" explained Dhruv as he finally reached his destination after a delay of 20 minutes.

"Calm down... take a breath... we too came just 5mins ago."

"Ahhh.... it's such a place that no-one generally comes here. It's peaceful except occasional trucks going to and fro." Said Jenny

Dhruv passed a smile to Jenny affirming his consent.

"Jenny, can you take me to the roadside."

They moved aside.

"So Dhruv, what do you see here?" Asked Esha

"A road trees on both sides and.."

"Silly, a child can also explain like this. Tell your author's view."

"Ou... ok... lemme start again... The black road covered by the green trees on either side gave shade from the scorching sun high up. Beautiful and colourful flowers lined the roadside to enhance its beauty. "

"... only this much..??"

"What else will I find in this road?"

Esha told Dhruv to follow them as Jenny took her near a tree.

"Dhruv sit down"

He followed Esha.

Esha swayed her hands over the road and took it to the side with soil and stones.

"Follow my hand movement." Instructed Esha

He did so.

"Now what do you feel?"

"Rough black roads and coarse soil with some stones."

"Close your eyes and repeat the same hand movement.... can you feel the some stone chips that are used in making this road have its pointed ends while some are smooth... can you feel the dust increasing as the hand moves down the road.... Now you can feel the coarse fine soil particles on the tough ground.... if you smell carefully you will smell the light smell of grease and peat coal on the road and you will also get the swell from some of the pebbles at the side that are made of this grease only... and... as you will move towards middle of the road you will feel the smoothness of the road the stone chips have smothened away by the weathering off it as the heavy trucks pass by."

"Seriously... there is so much to discover in such a small place."Said Dhruv astonishingly.

"Is it so much astonishing for you?" Teased Esha

"How did you know I am astonished?"

"Your tone said it.. ok leave it lets go to the tree"

Dhruv half listened her words and scribbled his observations in his notepad rapidly.

"Don't write it... if you feel the nature it will be in your mind forever... you don't need to write it down."said Esha as she heard the scribbling.

"You.... you have so different views...I am really surprised." Said Dhruv as he followed Esha who was supported by Jenny.

"Don't be so surprised. Just be surprised by nature" said Jenny.