Chapter Thirty-seven: The Rematch

Start from the beginning

"Then I guess we have to take them down before they do." Lucas replied as he thought about Koeun. His partner had gone through a lot being with them. He can't let that happen again.

Agent Lee nodded at this. "That's right. Go out there and finish what you started."

"Yes, sir!" They gave him a salute.

"We won't let you down this time." Lucas had promised.

"You better won't." Agent Lee gave him a sharp look. And with that, each of them began jogging away, with Lucas giving faint orders towards his teammates.

The Elites had been training more than before. They could defeat the X-Force this time; they had to. Otherwise, this would create more problems for them to be resolved.

As he watched Lucas' team leave the room, filled with enough determination, his phone suddenly went off. He fished it out of his pocket, seeing the caller's ID. He let out a sigh before he answered the call and brought it up to his ear. "Yes?"

"It seems like the X-Force succeeded in their mission." A manly voice spoke through his phone.

This almost made Taeyong roll his eyes in frustration. "Yes, yes, I know. I've been informed about what happened to Mr. Seo last night." Now, one of the biggest outlaws and a loyal client of them had been dispatched, and the others seem to be concerned about it now. "The chief is already thinking of a way to solve this. You don't have to worry."

"But I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned about the chief's situation now."

Taeyong immediately thought about how the X-Force is currently throwing an ambush towards the department. "The chief is on his way to escape, along with the girl. I'll catch up." He explained. "I had the agents do the rest of the work. It'll buy us some time."

"Escape?" The person on the line wondered. "Is the X-Force on your tail?"

This made Taeyong slightly confused. "Yes. The building is under attack. We didn't see it coming."

"Then, escaping won't change anything." The person stated. "If he escapes or not, he'll still lose his position in the department."

"What do you mean?" This time, Taeyong had creased his forehead in confusion.

"As I've said, the X-Force won. They had a video broadcasted all over the nation to expose him." Taeyong went silent about the news, still baffled. "I could've ordered every hacker we have to take it down but it would be too late. A mass of citizens have seen it already. People already have copies of it. It's all over the internet."

"Then that means-"

"The chief is in a lot of trouble, and so are you." The grip around Taeyong's phone tightened, even becoming more angered about this. "I suggest you get out of there and save yourself. We don't need the chief anymore." And with that, he hung up.

~*~*~*~*~

The X-Force had been inside the building for a while now but they still weren't near Koeun. Luckily for them, the girl was still wearing the leather jacket that had the tracker, making it easier for them to monitor her movements; although, they weren't sure about her exact location since the red dot that represented her kept moving about.

Currently, they were on the 5th floor of the building- the floor dedicated to the Elites. It took them quite a while to head up since they had to use the stairs due to the elevators being unavailable to use. Turns out, workers inside the building had it shut down to make it harder for them to roam around.

The floor they were currently in was deserted, mainly because they had taken down everyone they encountered. The walls, the floor, the cubicles were all white. Some of the objects around were either in black or gray, a typical look for an office.