Chapter 7

READ! IMPORTANT THINGYBOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A/N: Alrighty three.... maybe more things today.  1. I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOSO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY! Omg I can't believe it took me this long to update. Stupid school... ANYWAY! 2. Honestly guys that new story I'm writing NEEDS A COVER! PLZ PLZ PLZ help me! Every time I go to my profile and look at my books all I see is the mother fluffing empty cover space. 3. Thank you soo much! over 3,000 reads and now 50 fans! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4. (hmm, I guess it was more than three... *Shrugs*) The next update will be late... I'm sorry! Fluffing school.

sjhajrghakrjgherjhjsedrgsdgsjkgsdf

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Le nerd <3

~Xavier~

*During the conversation that Aaron wasn't paying attention*

"Are you sure?" I whispered, as Aaron's head thumped against my chest.

"Absolutely. You are my son." The man who had appeared in my mother's photo book to many times to count.

"There is one problem though," I whispered, "My dad died two weeks before my tenth birthday." 

"I didn't die Xavier, I had to leave. I'm sorry... Please forgive me." The man who claimed to be my father pleaded.

"How could you?How could you just up and leave her? Do you know how long it took for her to stop crying? For her to leave your side of the bed and pack away your clothes?" I growled.

"She knew, Xavier." The man mumbled.

"W-What?" I stuttered, Aaron shifted in my arms and I looked down to see him starring off into the distance.

"She knew, the only reason she was upset is from the distance we were from each other. She receives a letter from me every week , tomorrow she is coming here." The man said. "What happened? When did you grow so much?" The man stepped down from the lower throne of gnarled tree limbs and stood in front of me. He stood two centimetres shorter than me.

"I had a massive growth spirt two years ago." I mumbled.

"Who is this?"  My father looked down at Aaron who was looking somewhere else and seemed not to be paying attention.

"His name is Aaron. He is my son Darren." Alpha Thorn spoke . 

"And is he your..." My father trailed off. I nodded as I watched a random smile creep onto Aaron's face. What ever he was thinking of must've been good.

"What happens?" I whimpred, "What happens if we don't mate soon?" my voice was barely above a whisper.

"He will die, then you will die." My father put his hand on my shoulder. I looked down to Aaron and he turned his head to look up at me.

"Are you ready for that?" I asked, hoping he was listening. He smiled sleepily and nodded.

*******************************************************************************************************

We followed my father around the pack house until he stopped at an oak door.

"And this, is where you and Aaron will be staying." My father sighed. I looked down at Aaron to see if he had any input but he had apparently fallen asleep on my chest.

"Urm... Okay?" I mumbled.

 "Xavier, you will be the next alpha. Tomorrow you will go and meet all possible pack members for the Beta position. " My father stood tall, despite the fact that I was taller than him.

"Alright...." I mumbled, watching Aaron sleep in my arms.

"Go to bed now, I'm sure you will both need a good rest." My father smiled, "We will speak more tomorrow." With that my father walked off down the hallway. I sighed lightly as I opened the oak door. I was too tired to pay attention to the room around me apart from slamming the door closed and falling onto my back in the soft black bed.

"Mmhh? Xavier?" Aaron's tired voice whimpered from my chest were he still lay, his eyes closed.

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"That hurt..." He whimpered tiredly. 

"Sorry, lets get some sleep." I said as I carefully crawled up to the head of the bed.

"Yay! Sleep." He deadpanned as he thumped down on my chest again. I chuckled lightly as I pulled the pitch black covers over us. I reached over and pulled the chord for the lamp, plunging the room into darkness.

*****************************************************************************************************

A loud knocking woke me from my warm sleep. I opened my arms to find Aaron curled up in my arms. He looked like a sleeping pup and I didn't want to wake him so I pulled my arms carefully out from under him and pulled the thick covers back over his pail, frail body. I moved silently across the room to the door and as I opened it slipped out before they could say a word.

"Xavier?" My father asked.

"Sorry... Aaron's still asleep." I chuckled.

"Ah! Well, we have much to do today, starting with saying hello to your mother."  My father started moving ahead of me and I rolled my eyes, glancing one more time back at the door before following.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Aaron~

I woke with my eyes sealed shut. I tried to keep them closed defiantly, but my curiosity of the cold space where Xavier was supposed to be touched my outstretching hand. I opened my eyes slowly and looked in the face of a candle.

"What... the fuck?" I whispered as I sat up, curling the black duvet over my body. My feet touched the ground and I shivered. I walked on shaky legs to the door and as I opened it and cautiously stepped out into the hall I was knocked over. The stomping footsteps continued as a man shouted,

"Stay outta my way punk!" I watched dizzily as the man continued to stalk down the hall. I sighed, grunting as I brought myself to my feet. I slowly tracked along the wall, looking for the painting of a wolf pack that hung across from the throne room.

"Ah!" I cried as I fell to the ground.

"Aaron?" The deep voice that belonged to Aaron's father said.

"Hmm?" I mumbled against the floor, not wishing to get up.

"How did you get down there?" He asked, squatting next to me.

"I fell..." I whispered.

"Okay, do you wanna go see Xavier?" He asked me another question and I nodded. Slowly Xavier's father lifted me up off the ground and slid me onto his back. I wrapped my arms around his thick neck as he held my thighs to keep me from falling to the ground. He chuckled at my childish movements but I ignored it, thumping my head against Mr.Green's back. After a while of what seemed like endless walking to wherever Xavier was in this god forsaken maze, Mr.Green stepped through a pair of double doors and said, "Look who I found wandering the halls." I strained my head to look over Mr.Green's shoulder to see Mrs.Green, my mom, my dad a fairly attractive woman who looked slightly like Xavier (the black hair the only real resemblance) but no Xavier.

"Where-" I was cut off when I was pulled from Mr.Green's back letting out a loud yelp and pulled into a warm chest. Soft lips kissed my forehead as I snuggled into the warmth that I didn't know I needed.

"You are freezing." Xavier whispered in my ear as he plopped down on a couch.

"Mhm... Your warm." I whispered.

"Well, shall we get down to business then?"