Chapter 18: Betty

When you woke up, you noticed that you weren't in your own bed, but you were in Meggy's. You have your arms wrapped around the orange Inkling as she lightly snored in your embrace. You smiled at the cute scene and tried to carefully get out of bed. Her arms wrap around you and pull you back down.

Meggy: Nooo... stay in bed a little longer.

Y/n: But...

Meggy: No. Bed.

She wraps her arms around you tighter. You give in and hug her tightly, making her sigh contently.

Y/n: Are you that tired from last night?

Meggy: We danced all night. I wasn't even able to teleport us home.

Y/n: Yeah... but don't you think we should get home soon?

Meggy: I suppose. Alright, you convinced me. Let's go get Devin and Desti then go home.

So the two of you went to the guest bedroom, finding the couple still sleeping peacefully, but you had to wake them. After washing up and eating breakfast, Meggy decides to walk to the entrance of the castle instead of teleporting there so she can enjoy Inkopolis once more.

On the way there, you waved at the Inklings and Octolings that waved at you. Seeing a little girl, around at least twelve, walk across the street, you see a speeding car turn the corner and toward the girl.

Y/n: Hey, look out!

You and Devin combine your powers to summon a Blaster encased in red. The car crashed into the obstacle and stopped its advance.

Surprised Inkling: Whoa, did you see that?! Those two guys saved that kid!

Stunned Octoling: Yeah, and they did it with awesome powers too!

The little girl runs up excited as you and Devin awkwardly wave at the cheering. When she got close, you saw that she was wearing a pink sweater, a skirt, blue leggings, and boots. Her hair was brown with pink highlights, and her eyes were pink as well.

Kid: Wow, thanks for saving me! My name is Betty!

Devin: No problem Betty. Can't just let a kid get hit.

Y/n: Yeah. Oh, by the way, I'm Y/n. This is Devin, my girlfriend Meggy, and that's Devin's girlfriend Desti.

Betty: Hello! It's great to meet you!

They all talked and Desti asked if Betty wanted to come to the castle with them. Betty agreed and they all went to the castle, not noticing the car fading away in a pink light.

~~~~~

You reach the castle and introduced Betty to the group.

Betty: It's nice to meet you all!

You walk over to SMG4 and ask him about yesterday.

Y/n: So, is everything clear with Steve?

SMG4: Yes, but it took seven. Fucking. Hours just to get a word out. Then two more to finish my sentence!

Y/n: Sounds rough man. But what'd he say?

SMG4: He said he'd help as long as he gets a few diamonds.

Y/n: So does that mean we have to go searching for diamonds now?

SMG4: No, we have a few down in the treasury. But hey...

He leans into your ear and whispers.

SMG4: Does that kid seem... off to you?

Y/n: Yeah, a little bit. Something about those eyes gives me a bad feeling.

SMG4: Same here. We should keep an eye on her.

You nod and agree with SMG4. Going back to the others, you all hang around and enjoy each others company until the TV switches to the news.

Newscaster: This just in, an army of robots has just invaded the Mushroom Kingdom! All citizens are to stay in their houses until further notice!

Everyone quickly springs into action and runs toward the city.

Devin: Time to put our training to good use!

Y/n: Right!

Once you reached the city, you spotted robots crawling everywhere. You and Meggy run towards the park while Desti follows Devin to Town Hall. Everyone else goes to try and help as many people as they can.

With you and Meggy, a few robots spotted your advance. Meggy lifted her hand and a few tentacles came from the ground and impaled the robots, causing them to blow up. You lifted a few robots off the ground and using your powers, crushed them into pieces of metal, then threw them to another group. Meggy summoned a few Kraken Blasters and blasted apart a few bots charging at you from behind.

Y/n: Thanks Meggy!

Meggy: No problem babe! Now kick their asses!

You put both of your hands on the ground and pull out two bone swords. You then charge forward and slash away at all of the robots in your way.

Meggy: Woah... I taught him well.

Meanwhile, with Devin and Desti, they saw a large group attacking the town hall.

Desti: That's a lot of robots...

Devin: Don't worry about it. This'll be over soon.

He pulled out his knife, picked up a rock and threw it at the largest robot.

Devin: Hey! Big, metal and ugly! Come get me!

The robots stopped attacking the building and aimed at Devin. Missiles and bullets were fired at the young man which he dodged with ease. When a missile came close, he jumped up and landed on it and began to surf on the missile.

Devin: Yee-haw! Ride em' cowboy!

He then turned the missile over to the group and as soon as it was about crash into the enemy he jumped off and landed next to Desti, spinning her around and dipping her as the robots blew up behind them.

Desti: (He's so hot.)

When the town was cleared of robots, the city was cheering for you and the others.

Meanwhile, Eggman watched in anger as his plans were foiled.

Eggman: I hate to say this, but Wario and Waluigi were right. These two and that Inkling are a problem... but that Octoling...

He got a smile on face as he could get some information out of her.