Chapter 11: Nightmare

Meggy: Huh? Where am I?

Meggy looked all around her. She seemed to be in some kind of room. It was dark, and she felt something on her hands. Summoning her Kraken Blaster, she charged some power into it to have a makeshift light source. What she saw horrified her.

Blood.

Blood was everywhere. She stood up and with shaking steps, began walking forward. With the light from her Blaster shining a path for her. She kept walking until a gloved hand came into the light. She motioned the light to the source.

Meggy: M-Mario...?

There laid Mario, a hole pierced through his chest. She was scared. Worried that she was back in the Underground. But when she shined the light next to Mario, Luigi was next to him. That meant that she was still above ground, in the castle. Looking to the wall, she found a light switch. Turning the lights on...

Everyone was dead. Every single one. Tari, Mario, Luigi, Bowser. All of her friends were laying on the ground, a hole in their chest. Even Desti, when she looked towards the door to the outside. Well, everyone except for Y/n and Devin. Her thoughts immediately went south.

Meggy: Was everything they said... a lie?

Well, she got her answer when she went outside. Y/n and Devin were alive, and facing someone. Their body was shrouded in darkness, only a pink light emanating from their eye. Devin looked absolutely livid. His eyes glowing a deep red as black and red energy swirled around him in an unstable way.

When she looked to Y/n, his eye that once glowed orange like hers also glowed red, the other staying blue. Above him was two large hands and a monstrous looking Blaster aiming at the mysterious person.

The figure raised its hand and an unsettling feeling washed over her. After this, Devin charged forward, wildly slashing at the person, who easily dodged every attack. Y/n tried to back him up, but his summons didn't respond.

Because he wasn't in control anymore.

The hands and the Blaster had a pink aura around them. Pink strings lashed out and caught Devin, holding him in place. The Blaster charged up and released a pink beam.

Nothing of Devin remained. He was gone, completely.

Y/n could only stand there, confused at what happened. The strings latched on to him as well. The figure raised its hand, and a pink scythe manifested itself into its hand. It drew the scythe back and swung it, the blade began cutting into Y/n's neck as Meggy reached her hand towards him.

~~~~~

Meggy: Y/N!!!

Meggy shot out of bed, panting and sweating as she finally escaped her nightmare. She reached her hand over, trying to grab you. But you weren't there. She began looking around the room, her breath quickening as you were nowhere to be found. Quickly throwing the covers off, she ran out of the bedroom, hoping to find you somewhere. Running down the stairs, she saw a shadow move in the kitchen. She ran in there to see Mario, who got startled at her sudden entrance, throwing his plate of spaghetti up in the air before landing perfectly on the table.

Mario: Wow, Meggy. Where's the fire?

Meggy: Have you seen Y/n?!

Mario: I think he went outside with SMG4.

She quickly thanked Mario before running out the door. Indeed in the garden you stood there with SMG4. She ran towards you and you, hearing something, turned around. Meggy launched herself forward, tackling you into the ground as the dam finally broke.

SMG4: Whoa, what's going on?

Y/n: Yeah, what happened Meggy?

She cried as she explained everything. How she found her friends dead. You and Devin fighting someone. Devin being vaporized, and how she almost watched your head get cut off. She kept crying as you tried to comfort her.

Y/n: It's alright. Everything is fine. It was just a bad dream. I'm fine. Everyone else is too.

Meggy: It seemed so real though...

SMG4: If I may make a suggestion, get her some tea. I recommend Chamomlie with a pinch of lavender and two spoons of sugar.

Y/n: Oh... um thanks?

SMG4: Oh, and please don't tell the guys I tend to the flowers.

You just stare at SMG4 as everyone already knew.

Y/n: Yeah, no problem.

You lead Meggy back to the castle and once you get in the kitchen, you sit her down at the table and make the tea. Once it was finished, you set it in front of her. She slowly took a hold of it and took a small sip.

Meggy: I usually don't like tea, but this is pretty good.

Y/n: Thanks. Are you okay?

Meggy: Yeah, I'm starting to feel a little better. I'm sorry for acting crazy.

Y/n: No need to apologize. It's understandable.

You move a seat over next to her and take a hold of her hand, rubbing it as she sips the tea. Once she was done with the tea, and had stopped crying, she rested her head on your shoulder. You held her continuing to calm her down. After sometime, Devin and Desti come into the kitchen.

Desti: What's going on here?

Y/n: Meggy had a really bad nightmare. And I mean really bad.

Desti: Well, Devin and I are about to head into town, wanna come with us? It could be like a double date!

Y/n: Is that alright with you Meggy?

She nods and stands up. Grabbing her jacket, you and Meggy walk out hand in hand, following Devin and Desti.