Chapter 12: Double Date

When you reached the city, you immediately noticed the looks people were giving you. Some of the people were giving Meggy and Desti looks of hatred and contempt. Others were looking at them with pity, and a few actually waved. The ones who weren't looking at them were looking at you in confusion and shock. Most likely because of you pure white skin and skeleton like features. You didn't care about how the others looked at you, you'd rather look as you are now than be trapped in the Void. 

But what got you and Devin pissed, was when they tried to intentionally bump into them. Some one even went out of their way to run up and push Meggy, causing her to let go of your hand and fall down. You looked at them and gave them a sinister grin. He looked like he saw the Devil himself and ran away. Picking Meggy up and brushing the dirt off her jacket, you held her closer. After asking why he looked so afraid, Devin told you that the white pupils you have disappeared, leaving your eyes to be as black and dark as the Void itself.

From that moment on, anyone who dared get close was given a look as if to say 'Try it'. Finally getting to the mall, the two couples decided to go to different places, then meet at the food court for lunch before going home. With you and Meggy, you went to get a few books for you and Meggy, and slipped a newly released Manga for Boopkins. Meggy was deciding what to buy for you. During your time, she realized that since your body and soul was artificially created by magic and determination to act and work like a humans, she felt that your body would get cold at some points in the day. She soon realized that's because your body doesn't have natural heat. She spotted an orange and white scarf and imagined how you would look with it on. She grabbed it and when she found you, she got your attention and put it around your neck.

Y/n: What's this for?

Meggy: I noticed that your body gets cold since it doesn't have natural body heat, so I thought you felt cold so I got something to keep you warm.

Y/n: Well the truth is, I don't really feel hot or cold. Everything is just about the perfect temperature for me. But I still love the scarf, thank you Meggy, that was thoughtful.

She smiled brightly, and because she still had a hold on the scarf, she pulled on it, bringing you down and planting her lips on yours. You held the kiss for a moment, and as soon as Meggy was going to try and slip her tongue in, you were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. The source being the manager and behind him were a group of people. The people with kids covering their children's eyes. Embarrassed, the two of you quickly bought your stuff and made your way to the food court.

Meanwhile, with Devin and Desti, as they walked near a store, Desti told Devin to wait outside for a moment. He did so and Desti went in the jewelry store. After looking around for a while she found something perfect. Two golden half-heart necklaces, mirroring each other as if to put them together to make a complete heart. Desti used most of her money to buy them and saw an engraving machine. She looked through her wallet and after some debating, she went to it. Before she was able to put the necklaces in the machine, a voice got her attention.

?: Well, hello there cutie. What's a pretty girl like you doing here by yourself?

Desti turned to see a group of three guys, all looking at her. 

Lackey: Yeah, good find Snake!

Desti: I'm not by myself, my boyfriend is with me. He's just outside the store.

Snake: Why don't you come with us, we can give you a good time.

Desti: Didn't I just tell you I have a boyfriend?

Snake: Oh, come on! He won't miss you for a few minutes.

Desti: A few moments more like it.

Lackey: Ey, what you say?

One of the men walked up to her and when he reached out, Desti used one of the moves Devin taught her to knock him on his back, same with the other one. When she tried to do the same to Snake, he caught her arm and pinned her against the wall.

Snake: I tried to do this the easy way, but it looks like I'm going to have to work for it!

Scared, Desti tried to struggle out of his grasp, but to no avail. With one deep breath, she yelled.

Desti: DEVIN!!!

Snake: There's no point calling for him! There's nothing he can do, I bet he couldn't even-

Lackey 2: Uh... Boss.

Snake looked over at the source of the interruption to see his guys looking at something, afraid. He followed their eyes to see Devin standing there, his eyes staring into theirs, smirking.

Devin: Oh no, don't mind me. Please, give me some ideas.

Punches and kicks were heard from the store then two guys were thrown out. Devin pushed Snake against a wall.

Devin: If you go near her again, in fact you ever go anywhere with the intention to prey on another innocent girl, I will find you...

He pulls out his knife, waving it in his face.

Devin: And I will peel your dick like a banana. Got that?!

Snake nods his head rapidly, Devin let him go and went over to Desti. Getting her back on her feet, he noticed the necklaces she had.

Devin: What are these for?

Desti: They were going to be a surprise. I bought them for us then saw the engraving machine right there. I was going to get our names engraved on them and give us both one with the others name on it.

Devin took the necklaces from her and put them in the machine. After typing the engraving and waited a few moments, he put one of the halves around her neck, clipping it. He put the other around his own. She looked at her own necklace seeing his name, and he had hers engraved on his. He got next to her and put the two halves together, creating  a whole heart. Happiness filled Desti and she tackled him, kissing him as soon as they hit the floor. Catching their breath before kissing again. After a few minutes, they finally stopped their kissing. After getting back up and fixing themselves, they left the store and headed to the food court.

The couples reach the court around the same time. After getting their food they just talked about how things were. Until Meggy spotted two people, making her look at them in anger.

Y/n: Meggy, what's wrong?

Meggy: That's Wario and Waluigi. Those two assholes sold us out and joined the mob who threw all of us in the Underground. the worst part is they did it on Christmas.

Devin and Y/n: What's Christmas?

Meggy instantly lost her anger and turned towards you.

Meggy and Desti: You don't know about Christmas?!

Devin: We lived in a crappy orphanage, what can we do?

Desti: Well, Christmas isn't for another few months.

Meggy: But when it is time, we're going to make your first Christmas the best!

Y/n: We'll be looking forward to it.

After finishing their lunch, the four of you made your way back to the castle. Behind them, Wario and Waluigi turned and looked at them, hatred glaring in their eyes.