Chapter 10: Routine

Sorry for not uploading yesterday, I couldn't think of a new chapter for anything until late last night. I'll make up for it by posting two chapters tomorrow.

The daily routine for the next few months was simple. Wake up, get breakfast, do your job as Royal Scientist, train with Meggy, do random shit with the others, cuddle with Meggy, get dinner, go to bed and then do the same thing the next day. It was pretty simple, but enjoyable. Then came the day SMG3 came in with some news. He explained how he used to hate SMG4 with a passion, going so far as to try and kill him back in the day. And he wasn't the only one. SMG4 and Mario managed to piss a lot of people off. Word got out to these people that they had returned.

Now these people were rallying together to finally get to SMG4. Your training got more serious, and soon you were able to unleash your attacks quickly and effectively. Meggy was cheering you on and supporting you the whole time. Once more, you reached deep down and tried to summon your blaster. After some time, you heard Meggy gasp. Opening your eyes, you notice she is looking above you. Following her gaze you notice a large skull hovering above you. It looked almost like a skull that would belong to a reptile. It had the same lines that you had on your face, and the same glowing eyes.

Meggy: That's amazing Y/n! Try firing it!

You nod and put all of your concentration into the blaster. You hear the attack charge up, and then you released it. A white beam fired from the skull and into the side of the hill, creating a hole through it. Meggy got excited and was jumping all around you.

Meanwhile, with Devin, Desti and Saiko, Devin was training Desti how to defend herself. However, Desti refused to learn how to use weapons, or how to kill. Devin agreed with her demands, and taught her only hand-to-hand combat. She learned how to disarm someone and to incapacitate them without causing much harm. Afterwards, Devin and Saiko trained, and they were able to keep up with each other through it all. Saiko would block Devin's attacks from his knife, and Devin would charge red energy in his blade before releasing it in an attack at her smaller projectile hammers.

After coming to a stop, they look over to see you and your new blaster above you. They both smile, getting the same idea. You sense something was coming and look up to see Saiko and Devin charging towards you. Using your telekinesis, you quickly move Meggy out of the way before launching bones out of the ground to retaliate. Saiko uses her hammer to block them, stopping her advance while Devin flipped over them and continued running towards you. Charging some power into the blaster you fired, but he just ducked under it.

Devin: Forget that I've gone against things like this?

Y/n: (Damn, he's right. I've got to come up with something else.)

Getting and idea, you put your hand on the ground and using your power, you mold and shape a bone that came out into a sword. Devin was surprised, but smiled. After finally getting up to you, you start trading blows. You've never really used a sword, and Devin's skill with a knife was probably the best you've seen. Attacking quickly from every open angle he could find, and switching the knife between hands without missing a beat.

Since you have gotten used to the abilities you learned from Meggy, you tried to make something up as a resort to throw Devin off guard. Putting your concentration into something that would restrain him, you open your eyes to see the knife inches away from your face, blocked by the sword, and his hand being restrained by a string that glowed a light blue. What was holding the string was a hand. In the middle was a hole that glowed the same color. Taking his confusion to your advantage, you summoned more bones around him all pointed at him.

Y/n: Dost thou yield?

Devin: Yeah, you win this one.

You lower your hand, everything you summoned fades away. Devin spins his knife around before putting it back in his pocket. The both of you shook hands, gaining more respect for each other.