Chapter 15: Sneaking In

After Peach gave her speech, you and Devin were the first, and only ones to go up to her. She was a little surprised to see that the two of you were willing to go.

Peach: I couldn't, not after what just happened I can't ask the two of you to go.

Devin: You're right, you aren't asking us.

Y/n: We are volunteering. I wanna know firsthand who the heartless bastard is who tried to hurt the people I care about.

Peach: I... can't really argue with that. Very well, if you are serious about going, and by the looks on your faces you are serious, I will have the two of you look into this.

Y/n: When should we leave?

Peach: Whenever you are ready.

The both of you bow, causing Peach to blush as she never really had or made anyone bow to her before.

Y/n and Devin: Thank you Princess. We won't disappoint you.

She awkwardly waved as the you and Devin walked out the door and in the foyer where everyone else was.

Devin: You think the bow was a bit much?

Y/n: Probably. She did look a little uncomfortable.

Finding Meggy and Desti, the two of you walk up to them and stand next to your respective lover.

Desti: There you boys are. What were you doing?

Y/n: Remember when Peach said that she wanted volunteers to go and scope out this Admiral?

Meggy: Don't tell me. Did you guys say you were going to go?

Devin: Would you hurt us if we said yes?

Desti: Badly.

Devin: Then I'm not saying we did. But I'm also not saying we didn't.

Meggy: Why? You're going to go somewhere dangerous and the people there probably know who you are by now!

Y/n: I know Meggy. But remember, you got someone who almost managed to give you a run for your money. And I got trained by the best.

She blushed at the compliment, but the angry look was still on her face.

Meggy: Flattery isn't going to get you out of this Y/n.

Y/n: Yeah, I thought not. But I promise, we will be careful and won't get into any unnecessary fights.

They looked as if they were in deep thought, then looked up at the both of you.

Desti: Alright, but please promise that you will come back safe.

Devin: I swear, we will.

Meggy gave you a kiss as Desti gave one to Devin. You went back to your rooms and got ready. Walking back out you and Devin meet head out, waving to the group behind you as you made your way to the location where the missiles came from.

~~~~~

After walking for a few hours, you finally reached your destination. A cruiser was stationed out in sea, guards stationed at the harbor.

Y/n: Well... we found the ship, but how do we get to it?

Devin: Follow my lead.

Devin lead you down to the closest boat. Two guards were watching over the area, making sure that no trespassers got near. Devin motioned you to her behind one of the guards as he got behind the other. Catching on, you did as he directed and got in position. He counted down from three, and as soon as he hit one, the both of you put the guards into a headlock and held them there until they fell unconscious. Afterwards, you took their uniforms and weapons and the keys to the boat.

Devin: Good job, now let's go.

You get into the boat and start it, making your way towards the ship.

Y/n: Hold up, what's going to happen when we arrive? There has to be some kind of schedule.

Devin: You may be right. But if we do get caught up here, then we will have to deal with them quickly.

As you approach the ramp, a few more soldiers showed up. With the boat parked, you put your helmets on and you step out. A man in a uniform approaches you.

Man in Uniform: You boys are here early.

The two of you started to sweat a little. There were too many soldiers around, too many for only the two of you to take on.

Man in Uniform: Very good. The Admiral needs the two of you in his meeting room. Carry on.

As the man walks away and the soldiers return to their business, you and Devin sigh in relief. You follow the signs to said meeting room and knocked on the door. The door opened revealing... something. A yellow heart with steel balls for hands and one on top of his... head?

Swipe: Finally. I didn't hire you mercenaries to be late. Get in here.

As you walked in you saw creatures of different colors.

Devin: Okay, first off... this is the Admiral? I can bitch slap this guy in a coma. And what the hell are these... things?

Y/n: If memory serves me correctly, they are Teletubbies.

Getting into position next to the Admiral's chair, you see more people around it. One was a fat mustached man, another was a Mario recolor, and finally...

Devin: Wario and Waluigi are here as well.

Swipe: So... Wario and Waluigi. How did the plan go?

Wario: Not good! Why didn't you tell us they had another two with them!

Waluigi: Yeah, these guys had some crazy powers too!

Mustached Man: Two more?! But I gave you all the information you needed!

Wario: Well apparently you missed two of them Eggman!

Eggman: Well I don't see you doing anything but sit on your fatass everyday!

Mario Recolor: Alright fellas, calm down. I'd rather not beat anyone off in this room.

Swipe: Bot... why must everything you say... sound gay?

Bot: Haven't we already established that I am?

Swipe: Right. Well, what do these two new guys have?

Waluigi: Well, they're nothing like the group they hang out with. These two are actually smart.

Wario: Yeah, and they have some kick ass abilities. One of them can summon bones and create a force field.

Waluigi: And the other one is pretty skilled with a knife. He can even shoot waves of energy with it.

Swipe: This may be a problem. Go around and try to find allies, I'm sure there's plenty of people who want SMG4 and his pals dead. As for you two!

Swipe them pointed at you and Devin.

Swipe: Dismissed! Go back to your previous posts and stay there till further notice!

You both saluted and made your way back. As you were sailing back, you and Devin laughed at how easy this mission was, and how simple the enemy looks.