Why He Loves Me

Cartman's POV:

I leave Kyle's house, looking for Stan. I walk down the sidewalk, looking in the alleyways, just seeing some homeless guy. I continue looking, not giving up for Kyle's sake. I guess I kind of care about the dumbass hippie, but not as much as i care about Kyle.

I finally find Stan leaning in an alleyway, curled up in a ball, crying. I sigh and sit down next to him, feeling sorry for him.

"Hey Stan," I say. He looks up at me, tears in his eyes.

"Cart-Cartman?"

"Yeah, it's me." I sigh. "Listen, Kahl is really worried about you. He started crying after you left and felt really guilty for turning you away. I told him that you're welcome to stay with me. My mom is hardly home and there's a spare bedroom so you could-"

"No! Fuck you!"

"Stan, I'm trying to help you-"

"Shut up you son of a bitch! You are just a fat fuck whose mom doesn't care about him and whose dad left him because you're just a piece of shit that no one loves! Kyle probably doesn't even love you, he's probably just using you because me and him aren't super best friends anymore! Plus he could never love or want to be fucked by a fatass piece of lard like you! And ya wanna know what? Your dad is lucky to be dead so he never had to meet you."

That. Fucking. Hurt.

I get up and walk away without saying another word, shoving my hands in my pockets and walking to Kyle's house, tears blurring my vision. Why would he say all of those mean things?

Because they're true.

I start crying, my lip quivering, and I start breathing hard. I stare down at the ground, not wanting to be like this when I see Kyle again. He'll worry and keep asking me what's wrong. I'm not worth worrying over.

I eventually reach his door and knock, quickly wiping away my tears and swallowing the lump in my throat. I close my eyes and try to stop my shaking and crying, but it doesn't work. Hopefully Kyle won't notice.

The door opens and I see Kyle's mom. "Oh, hello Eric. Are you here to see Kyle?"

I nod. "Uh, yeah."

"Okay. He's up in his room." She steps out of the way, letting me in. I thank her and walk up the stairs. I knock on Kyle's door, quickly trying to pull myself together.

He opens it smiling, but once he looks at me, his smile fades. "Baby, what's wrong? What happened?"

I stare down at the floor, a pit in my stomach. "I tried to reason with Stan, but it didn't work out very well."

"Here, come in." He gestures for me to come in and sit on his bed. I do so and he closes the door, sitting next to me. He takes my hand in his and looks at me in sorrow. "So what happened?"

I stay silent for a moment, not knowing what exactly to say. "He got all defensive and just...started insulting me..." Fatass.

"What did he say?" I look up at him and anger is burning in her eyes.

"Um...I dunno if I should tell you...you'll get upset and-"

"Just tell me, Cartman!"

"He told me that I'm fat and that my mom doesn't love me and that my dad is lucky to be dead because he never met me and that I'm a fatfuck and that you don't really love me, that you're just using me because Stan isn't your super best friend anymore!" Tears started to flow down my cheeks and my heart hurt.

"HE SAID THAT!"

"...yeah."

Kyle kisses me on the lips and hugs me, resting my head on his neck. I wrap my arms around him and start crying.