Why I Hide

Kyle's POV:

Poor Eric. Having to go through so many parental issues. That must suck. No wonder why as a kid he would literally do anything for attention. It all makes sense now. His parents didn't give it to him, so he tries to get it from somewhere else, and the only way he could get it was by being an asshole.

Wait a minute...did I just call him Eric?

Cartman stares at my TV, now playing Halo, even though that game is totally lame. He said he only likes to play it because you get to kill aliens, which makes sense, I guess.

"Ha ha! Get that, you piece of shit alien!" Cartman exclaims as he kills another fucking alien.

"Hey, Er- Cartman, you wanna continue talking about...uh...your problems...?" I know he probably doesn't want to, but he needs to get it all out.

Cartman puts down the controller and shuts off my Xbox. He turns to me, a sad look on his face. "What do you want to hear now?" Great. He sounds annoyed.

"What did you mean by your sexuality hurting you? Are you gay or something?"

He nods. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm gay."

I smile and rest my hand on his. "Don't worry. I am too." I feel my face blush a deep red. What am I doing? Why am I acting like this?

Eric- I MEAN CARTMAN- blushes too and stares at our conjoined hands. "I thought that you were straight."

I start to laugh. "Oh, hell no! It was so hard for me to pretend to like girls."

"Do your parents know that you're gay?"

I shake my head. "No. They might have been happy about Craig and Tweek getting together, but my mom has always talked about me giving her grandchildren and shit like that. So I would kinda feel bad telling her that she'll never have grandkids because I'm gay."

Cartman raises his eyebrow, looking at me in confusion. "Why can't you just adopt? You have a brother who was adopted, so I'm sure your parents would see whichever kid you adopt as their actual grandchild and not treat them like they're not related. Ya see?"

I smile and nod. "Yeah, I see what you mean, so maybe they'll accept me."

"Oh, they will. I know they will."

I raise my eyebrow. "Why are you so sure?"

Cartman shrugs. "I don't know. I just feel like they will."

I quickly smile and ask, "Do your parents- I mean, does your mom know?"

He smiles sadly and shakes his head and I feel bad for reminding him that he doesn't have a dad. "No. She doesn't know. She thinks that gay people are evil and will all burn in Hell."

I frown, feeling more pity for him and more love, just wanting to hold him in my arms and give him love and protection.

I wrap my arm around his shoulders and gently say, "She's wrong, ya know. We're not evil. We're not going to burn in Hell. I'm sure she would accept you because you are her son. Alright?"

Cartman sniffles and I feel my heart sink. Then he speaks, his voice cracking at the end. "I highly doubt that."

I back away from him so our eyes meet. I cup his face in my hands and say, "If she won't support you, then just know that I will and I do for..." For I love you.

"For what, Kyle?"

Come on, Kyle. Be brave, be brave, be brave!

I bite the inside of my cheek, staring into Eric's- Cartman's- chocolate brown eyes. "Uhhh...ummm..."

"Come on, spit it out, Jew." He glares at me in impatience.

"Uhhh....ummm...well, Eric- I m-mean Cartman, I- uh- well- ya see-"

"Just spit it out, Jew boy!"

"I like you, goddammit!" I shout.

We stare into each other's eyes for a few seconds in silence until Cartman says, "You- you do?"

I nod, placing my hand on his, surprisingly feeling brave. "Yes, Eric- I mean Cartman, I do."

"Don't call me that."

"Ya, I know, Cartman, I'm so-"

"No, I mean don't call me Cartman anymore. I like it when you call me Eric."

I feel my face heat up and my heart beating out of my chest. "Oh- oh okay...Eric." We both burst into laughter and calm down, coming back to the subject at hand. "Sooo...does this mean that you like me back?" I fiddle with my hands, waiting for an answer, and then Eric finally says something.

"Yeah, Kyle, of course I like you. I love you."

I smile and whisper, "I love you too."

He cups my face in his hands and starts to lean in and I close my eyes, opening my mouth, waiting for the fireworks. Our lips meet and I feel the fireworks burst inside, filling me with happiness and joy.

We kiss for a minute, and then we pull back, running out of breathe, but once we get it back, we go back to kissing, and eventually making out.

Let me just say we did some great things that night.