02. We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (Part Two)

Madelina walked around the house, showing her daughter.

She walked into her old room, seeing the black and blue walls from the emo phase she and Klaus had shared. She sometimes felt like she was still in that phase.

August liked to tease her about it; all with love.

As she walked back to the drawing room, she saw Klaus setting the urn down.

Saraya wiggled out of her mother's arms and started crawling around.

Madelina walked up to Klaus, keeping an eye on her daughter. "Um... What are you doing?"

Klaus ignored her and stood across from the bar and bowed with a mocking tone. "To communicate with the dead, I might think about, I don't know. I don't know... manifesting!" He placed his hands on his hips, like he was scolding someone. "Do the big whole angry ghost lecture."

He held up his hands and mockingly prayed. "Tell everyone who done it and find eternal peace."

Madelina noticed Saraya starting to crawl out of the room and rushed to pick her up.

"Just need to sober up," Klaus muttered, reaching to get a drink.

"Klaus..." Madelina warned.

He glanced at her and as he reached for a glass, he knocked over the urn, spilling ash everywhere.

Madelina sighed and helped her brother clean the ash whilst also keeping a closer eye on Saraya.

Klaus rolled another joint, ignoring his sister's disapproving look.

Instead, Madelina took a couple of her anxiety meds. She actually had to take them, as she began debilitating anxious thoughts after her accident. One had been prescribed when she was a kid and the other had been prescribed by August.

Klaus made his way into the kitchen and Madelina made her way to her room.

She closed the door and set her daughter down who immediately started crawling around, exploring everything.

A few moments later, she heard music coming from what sounded to be Luther's room.

"Children behave. That's what they say when we're together." ♪

Madelina picked up her daughter and swung to the music.

♪ "And watch how you play. The don't understand and so we're running just as fast as we can." ♪

Saraya cupped her mother's face as they danced.

"Holdin' on to one another's hand."

Madelina twirled Saraya gently and the little girl laughed excitedly.

"Tryin' to get away into the night, and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say-"

Saraya squealed excitedly, enjoying dancing.

"I think we're alone now. The beating of our hearts is the only sound."

Madelina crouched and set Saraya down as she moved her daughter's hands up and down.

"Look at the way, we gotta hide what we're doin'. Cause what would they say, if they ever knew and so we're running just as fast as we can. Holdin' onto one another's hand. Tryin' to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say, I think we're alone now. There doesn't seem to be anyone around..."

Saraya bounced to the music and Madelina's attention was drawn to a sudden bright light.

The music cut and the lights turned off.