Thirty three

Reneesme seemed to grow years within the next few weeks. She was merely months old and looked to about five or six, instead of  an infant. She grew taller and her bronze curls became big and fluffy. She began speaking and walking and running. Esme and Alice were taking photos like crazy. They had been trying to make baby books but Nessie was growing so fast that it was hard for even them to keep up. She went through wardrobes practically every week. Alice was having even more fun keeping up with her.

Ellis just kept his distance from the whole thing. Sure he like Nessie and she was cute. He just struggled with how much things were constantly changing. Seth and him would go hunting for the day and by the time they would be back Nessie would be asleep. In the next morning she would be older than she was the day before. It was hard for Ellis to adjust.

Christmas came and went. Bella, Edward and Reneesme spent the day at Charlie's and returned in the evening to celebrate with the rest of the family. Seth and Leah had done the same. They returned to their house to celebrate with Sue and would be back the following day. Ellis spent most of the day messing around in the deep snow with his family. They had a game of free for all snowball fights. It was everyone against everyone and the person with the most hits won.

Emmet had taken the game for he next level. He had got a large chopping board from the kitchen and was using it as a shield to deflect snowballs. Jasper had gone full war mode and was treating it as a army attack. He would appear from behind a tree and pelt you with snow before disappearing into the forest again. Carslie and Rosalie had formed a team against the rest of them. They would surround the others from both sides to overwhelm their prey. Alice on the other hand, was a freaking ninja. No one aimed to attack her directly. If they ended up getting her then it was a added win. She knew if anything planned was coming.

But in the end, Ellis still won. He was immune to any gifts whilst invisible and was unable to be seen coming. He triumphed with a hundred and twelve points by the time Esme called a stop to the game. Jasper, who had come second, only had eighty four points. It was safe to say that Ellis was pretty smug. Emmet already had promised him a rematch.

When Bella, Edward and Nessie returned, they shared out gifts and watched movies. Ellis had given Esme a series of new decorated photo albums for the coming years. He'd given Carslie a set of fancy stationary to 'make his all important doctors notes look pretty'. Alice had received a set of pretty pearl jewellery with a rainbow sheen. Jasper has been given a bunch of history books about England, such as 'A time traveller's guide to Elizabethan England'. Emmet had been given a new fantasy chess set. He was rather amused by it, especially the vampire king. Ellis had gifted Rosalie a set of new tools for her cars.

For Bella and Edward, Ellis had given them a joint gift. They had received matching silver band bracelets. They were simple but pretty. He had also given Nessie one that was adjustable, so that it would grow with her. The little girl had wrapped him in a warm hug.

From the family, Ellis had received some good gifts. Esme had given him a cello care kit to help him maintain Tall, Dark and handsome. Alice and Jasper has both banded together and had gotten him a electric cello, much to Ellis' delight. It was a bright red and he christened it 'naughty boy'. The name had caused a few laughs. Rosalie and Emmet had both promised him driving lessons as their present and begrudging promises that he could use the massive jeep they had been updating. Edward had gotten him a notebook designed for music scores, so that Ellis could compose his own pieces. It was a strangely thoughtful gift and Ellis appreciated it. Bella and Nessie had teamed together to get him a set of comic books. Red robin, Ellis' favourite superhero. He wondered how they knew but he reasoned that Edward or Alice had probably told them.

The best present however had come for Carslie. The older vampire hand handed Ellis a file. Ellis had looked at him quizzically before opening it. He only had to read the first page before running over and wrapping his arms around his adoptive father in a hug. Carslie had hugged him back as Ellis' body had shook.

"Thank you", he had said.

"It's okay. I had a few contacts", Carslie replied soothingly. When they had parted, Ellis had clutched the file to his chest like a precious item. The file contained information on Julian Francis. His brother and the last surviving member of their family. Since Ellis' and their family's disappearance and murder, Julian had dropped out of uni. He had fallen low for a year. But since then had been picking himself up. According to the information Carslie had gathered. Julian had returned to uni and had got his archeology degree. He was now a respected archaeologist and lived in Brighton. Ellis had been wondering what had happened to his brother. He was glad to see that Julian was able to continue with his life. It gave him that last bit of closure on his violent and unwanted turning. It meant more than he could say and it took him a while to calm down.

The rest of the evening and night, after Nessie had gone to bed, was spent playing music. Edward and Ellis had preformed duets, much to everyone's joy. They had some debate over what to play but ended up playing a mixture of classical songs and rock songs, much to both their amusements. Ellis broke out the new electric cello and was then told to put it away since the vibrations might wake Nessie. But by the time it was the next morning, Christmas had actually been pleasant.

The next morning, the wolves returned. Seth came and embraced Ellis with a hug. "Merry Christmas boyfriend", he had greeted.

"Merry Christmas boyfriend", Ellis had replied with a smile. The two of the, had retreated to Ellis' room, only pausing for Ellis to greet Jacob and wish him a merry Christmas. They both sat on the floor and exchanged gifts. Ellis gave his first. He had brought Seth a new American foot ball. He'd had it specially made with reinforced leather so that it was tough enough to withstand his strength as well as wolf teeth. Seth had grinned at the gift, glad that he could play again. He had told Ellis that he had broken all his other sports gear once he became a wolf. The equipment not able to deal with his new strength and speed.

In return Seth had given Ellis a necklace. It was a rounded silver pendent the size of a small coin. The pendent was engraved with the full moon on one side and a wolf on the other, symbolising their bond. Ellis loved it. It hung just beneath his collar bones and glimmered against his marble skin.

The rest of Boxing Day and well, until new year, was spent in similar fashion. They hung out, made out a lot, played in the woods and generally enjoyed each toners presence. Ellis enjoyed the winter season with his family, won a few more snowball matches against Emmet an Jasper. He began driving lessons with Rosalie and helped Esme assemble her newest photo album.

It was nice. By far the best Christmas he'd had since his was turned. It was obvious that the peace was not going to last for long.

Unedited