16|| "Average Joe"

Start from the beginning

"I dare you, I hate this stupid thing anyway." Joe huffed and rolled his eyes up to his ginger curls.

"Well it's gonna bloody suck when all the wigs you have to wear takes away screen time from the perm." Ben added, sitting behind his drums and drinking water from a solo cup.

"Don't curse me more, Benjamin." Joe said in a defeated tone.

"I could go for some bangers and mash right now. Do you want to hit a pub on the way out?" Ben asked Joe, who was still mildly focused on his hair.

"I'm sorry, bangers and mash?" Joe contorted his face into confusion.

"It's like, sausages and mashed potatoes." Octavia offered from her corner chair, beginning to tune her bass.

"Careful Oxy, your British is showing." Ben warned her.

"Ha ha Ben, very funny." She rolled her eyes at him.

"Yeah that is the weird thing, you've lived here for quite some time now, and you don't have an accent?" Joe questioned.

"Bold of you to assume I don't have an accent." She shot back. "I do, I just don't speak in it."

"Imagine being that lame." Ben commented and twirled a drum stick around his finger.

"Imagine being so lame you have to give yourself a new last name, Benjamin Jones." 

"I just witnessed a murder." Joe said in shock. "RIP Ben."

"That just means you googled me. How does it feel to be a fan?" Ben smirked at her. She got so fed up with his attitude that she stormed out, cursing him while trying not to smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Allen! What's up?" Octavia asked as she jogged to catch up with him. The band was running songs for Brian and Roger and Octavia decided to take a walk.

"Octavia, hello. How are you?" Allen asked, turning his head to face her.

"Better. So so much better." She said, and smiled at the words, because she actually meant it.

"Well that's fantastic. I don't want to be that person, but is everything okay between you and Joe?" He pried a little.

"Yeah, actually. Joe's pretty chill and we talked about it, and everything is good. Perfect, even."

But there are always 3 sides to a statement: person 1's thoughts, person 2's thoughts. And the truth. And according to Joe, not everything was perfect. Not until Christian was out of the picture.

"Well look at that, everything will always work their way out."

"Yes, I'm very lucky to have someone as understanding as Joe."

"That you are. So how are they boys doing? With their performances and everything?"

"It's amazing, Allen. They've grown so much as musicians. My bassist heart is so full to hear their progress. They're making Freddie proud." She shook her head and tried not to cry at her last statement.