my oc

~Siren//cacophobia~

~Layla Elvira Beverly~

~20~

~Layla is sassy and quick witted. She is blunt and assertive. She gets whatever she wants one way or another. She is stubborn and is often seen around others, yet she is distrustful and a loner. Sure, she has friends to talk to yet she is not close with anyone. To her, that's okay because she does not want to get too close to anyone. She views vulnerability often leads to heartache, which is something she would much rather avoid by keeping her heart locked away from everyone else. People are just merely there to pass the time for her. To offer her some entertainment. People often flock to her because of her straightforwardness and confidence, although her confidence is just an act and her bluntness is mostly a tactic for her to scare people away. She is brutally honest with people, which can come off as her seeming stand off-ish and rude. It tends to annoy people after a certain amount of time and they wind up leaving her. She can never hold onto a friend for very long.

~fc: cwunchie on insta~

~Layla is afraid of getting close to others and revealing to them her true nature

~Layla is afraid of getting close to others and revealing to them her true nature. She seems critical of others, but is most critical on herself. She fears being ugly, so she's constantly putting on makeup and generally fussing over her looks. It sometimes distracts her from what life is really about. She focuses on materialistic items rather than developing strong relationships with others~

~Despite her lack of wanting close friends, she is rather good with people. With just a look, others will swoon all over her and want to do her bidding. If that doesn't work, all she has to do is sing to them and they'll be under her spell. She tends to control people sometimes, getting them to do small things that she will find entertaining. However, her hold on others does not last long and she cannot force someone to do something completely against their will~

~Layla had everything. A happy home, friends, and even an adorable pet dog. However, it all went up in flames. Literally. Her family and everything that she had ever known had burned. Her house had caught on fire when she was a little girl, which caused her to lose it all. Forced into foster care with nothing, Layla had tried to make the most out of her situation. Yet nothing seemed to work. She had had foster parent after foster parent until her uncle had decided to take care of her. However, he did not treat her well. As a defensive mechanism against everything that she had happened to her, she finally closed off against others. She wouldn't allow anyone to get close to her or help her.