thirty two | stood up |

Start from the beginning

Harry was a little above Pari's age, he had thick brown curls on his head and a pair of deep-set blue eyes which were framed by a set of thick lashes that women anywhere in the world would crave. He was handsome but not as much as Siddharth, and he was a total flirt. He had a long list of ex-girlfriends and maybe present ones too but that didn't stop him from flirting with Pari every chance he got, but he could keep his personal life separate from his professional life and fortunately for Pari that made her work easy. They started working on the project together and just like Pari had planned the work was done within a few days and they both had met up with the investors to seal the deal. The investors were happy with the presentation and readily invested in their business idea.

"This calls for a celebratory party." Harry said with a smirk on his face.

" Sure. Tonight?" Pari said wanting to take some time off as well.

"Tonight." Harry said grinning cheekily.

Pari went home from the office freshening up and resting herself well before finally making her way to her walk-in closet, deciding that it was time for her to get ready for the party. She was a big name in the business world all thanks to Daniel and she wanted to look the part. She decided on wearing a dark royal blue suit with the same coloured flared pants. A same coloured belt with gold embellishments adorned her fitted waisted and she paired them up with black stilettoed pumps. She left her hair down, in beautiful curls and keeping her makeup minimal, highlighted her eyes with dark shades.

Harry had undertaken the responsibility to throw a party and most of their business partners, investors and some friend were invited including their families. The party was extravagant just like the other parties that Harry liked to throw and was enjoyed by everybody. Like her usual self, Pari was drinking her pink champagne over in a corner when she saw Harry striding over to her.

"Like the party?" Harry asked her winking slyly at her,

"Yeah." Pari replied sipping onto her drink.

"I had been planning on asking you something for a long time." Harry said not so sure how to proceed which was quite unlike his always confident self.

Pari chuckled seeing Harry so hopeless, knowing that it was a rare sight. "Ask away then."

"Do you want to go out for dinner tomorrow night? I mean with me." Harry said fumbling which meant he was nervous.

Pari knew he liked her and he was asking her out on a date, and if she accepted the invitation it might give him the wrong implications but right now, she couldn't care less. she had already fucked up her life enough by leaving Siddharth behind, she was pretty shaken up from that and right now she wanted to live for myself, to enjoy herself and take her mind of Siddharth. Pari quickly accepted his offer and saw as relief washed over Harry's face.

"I will pick you up at eight then." He said kissing Pari on the cheek before walking over to the group of investors waving at him in an attempt to grab his attention.

.

*Pari's POV*

It was already fifteen past eight when I reached home from my office, I knew it was late and Harry must have already been waiting for me, as he was to pick me up for that night's dinner. I reached home but Harry was nowhere to be found, glad that I had not kept him waiting. I hurried upstairs to my room wanting to get freshened up before leaving for the dinner. I splashed my face with some water, redoing my makeup and my hair but checking my watch I saw it was already late to even change into a ne pair of clothing so I decided to wear whatever I had worn to the office. Harry had still now come, and I had not called him either because I had wanted to see how late he could get. I was in my thought, thinking I should Afterall change my clothing when I heard my phone buzz and Harry's name flashing on the screen. He had sent me a text. So, he decided not to be punctual on a date and then sends me a text, I was annoyed. I was more annoyed when I saw what the text read. "Won't be able to pick you up. See you in The Fat Duck in thirty minutes."

The Fat Duck was one of the best restaurants in London located in another posh part of the city and it would take me around twenty minutes to reach there. I got in my car and drove off. I was annoyed by Harry's actions but his choice of restaurant did impress me and I was glad he was a man of taste.

Well, I already knew that but it feels good when it's related to you.

I walked up to the receptionist and asked if there was any reservation under the name of Harry White to which she nodded and took me to my seat beside a large window that overlooked the Thames River. I was asked by the waited if I would like to order something but I declined stating that I was waiting for somebody.

It was nearly nine o' clock now but Harry had not yet turned up. I had been checking my phone constantly every two minutes to see if he had called or at least texted, but there was nothing. I understood that I had been stood up by Harry but I didn't understand why, but then I didn't understand a lot of things like why while I was waiting for Harry my mind had constantly gone back to Siddharth every now and then and why I wished that it was him instead of Harry who I going on a date with. I felt sadness spread through my body and decided to leave. I took one last look at the beautiful Thames before me, there was twinkling lights that adorned the river bank and couples holding hands and kissing. With a huge sigh and emptiness in my heart I finally got up from my seat and began walking towards the door, I could feel the eyes of the people seated in the restaurant and the waiters on me, maybe they felt bad for me or maybe they felt like laughing at me, but I didn't want to know, I just wanted to shrink to escape the eyes on me. I hurried my way from between the tables, my eyes on the floor when I saw a tall shadowy figure standing before me.

I looked up and I saw him.

.

Dress Pari wore to Harry's party

.

Is Harry finally here?? Who did Pari see? Okay I know it's lame asking cause probably everyone is going to guess because it's so cliché.

Anyway, I hope you guys are liking the story.

Also, sorry for such late updates. I haven't been feeling like writing lately. I don't know if this is going good or not. So lemme know.  Do vote , comment and share this story. Thank you.

An Introvert's Guide To Finding LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara