twelve | regrets |

The next few days after the movie night went the same as the past month, now the only difference being that previously Siddharth was being ignored by Pari but this time they both had decided to ignore each other and they had mutually not tried to initiate any conversation with each other. They have crossed each other's path's several times in the apartment building or on the set working with Varun and Karan but they both had kept their distance from one another. They would indulge themselves in their own works but that didn't stop either of them from stealing glances at the other, only thing was that they had not got caught. They had not even spoken to one another save for situation like when they were in a common group like that with Alia, Varun or Karan that they would nod or fake a smile at each other to not seem absurd.

It was an off day from the sets, there was still time for the shooting to end but the cast and crew had planned on utilising it to the fullest. She was sleeping in late that afternoon, hardly ever getting up only when she needed to pee and why not? She deserved this break, work and Siddharth had been stressing out on her a little and she needed to sleep on it. Pari had again slipped into a slumber only to be woken up by the intense and continuous vibrations of my phone.

What's the use of putting your phone on silence when the vibrations itself is so loud?

Pari groaned waking from her sleep, mentally cursing at whoever had decided to wake her up, she sat up taking her phone in her tiny hands to see that she have had a missed call, then unlocking it she was greeted by 20 such calls from different persons, Harpreet, his mother, his sister and Louise.

Has someone died?

The worst was on her mind, quickly running to the bathroom and washing her face, coming back dialling Harpreet back.

"Hey, I am so sorry, I had been sleeping." Pari said rubbing her eyes trying to see more clearly

"Yeah, we are sorry too," Harpreet said apologetically which made Pari what was going on. "We forgot you are in an entirely different time zone. But listen, this is important."

"Yeah what's wrong?" Pari said sitting upright her full attention on the speaker.

"Soni's marriage date has been finalised."

Soni was Harpreet's elder sister, she had welcomed Pari, the very first time they had met, in their family like her own little sister. She had helped Pari with every possible, showering her with desi advices whenever she needed them. Even though their family was staying away from India, they carried a little of India in their heart, making Pari a part of their family too. And Harsh was Soni Di's boyfriend for the last five years, engaged for one and couple like them are made only in heaven. Recollecting everything Pari nodded at Harpreet's question only to realise that he couldn't see her.

"That's great." Pari said excitedly.

Harpreet was silent for some time before clearing his throat. "His family is settled in Mumbai and mummy was wondering if we could rent apartments in the same building as you are staying for the wedding preparations."

The mention of Harpreet's mum warmed Pari's heart. She longed to see her and be in her loving embrace again, she had been like a mother to Pari and just like their family have looked after her in everyway possible, to the extent that she took on to the role of being her mother and she referring to her as her mum, but that didn't make Pari miss her own mother any less, it just filled a void that had been in her heart.

"How many rooms do we need?" Pari asked breaking away from her memory.

"Two would do but I think many of the guests are willing to coming down there so four just to be safe." Harpreet answered.