Chapter 28

"Elliot how much longer will you take?" Sofia seethed through her teeth down her phone. "...yes I am waiting for you at the door...no...no one gave me flowers. Let me check," she walked towards the door and pulled it open.

"Hello little sister," Elliot smiled back, leaning against the balcony, phone in one hand, flowers the other. "See, flowers," hanging up the phone, walking forward, he kissed Sofia lightly on her forehead.

"Don't you ever like to keep warm? Come in quickly."

"Yes I do, but when my sister has two single roommates waiting around for me, why would I put on extra layers?" With a wink, Elliot stepped in.

"Hi Elliot," June waved shyly.

Sofia mentally rolled her eyes. This woman is like a hawk when it came to presentations and signing a deal, but right now she's acting like a...a...some kind of lovesick teenager.

"Hey June. Inna said something about you and some trip. How was it?"

"It was good," June continued with the shy act.

"It was great Elliot. Come on, have breakfast and we'll get going," Sofia added whilst pulling El;iot in to the kitchen. "Firstly, if you like June, then ask her out."

"Shall think about that. And April? How is she?"

"She's good and she's in a relationship with another guy." Sofia answered.

"Interesting," Elliot responded with a smile. "Hey how long are we going for? I'm assuming that I'm going to collect you too. So I don't mind staying over."

"Just over a week, I'm guessing. But stay! What will I do by myself?"

"Not sure. Let me ask my partner though."

"Oh come on Elliot. I'll bet he she it will be fine, happy even! That reminds me actually, I need to stop by the office to see Jack before we go. Is that alright?"

"Yes sure. Perfect actually, my partner's in the office today, so it'll make him feel better if 'I take his leave'. Also, June is going out with someone called James. I think he might work on your floor."

"James? Like seriously, James? Since when?" Sofia couldn't help but raise her voice a little.

"Um...for me it's since the day I caught them kissing, but for them, I don't know," Elliot shrugged. "Anyways, we should get going soon."

Just then Elliot's phone started ringing.

"Damn this!" Elliot hit the kitchen counter with his fist."

Snatching Eliot's hand and rubbing it gently, Sofia narrowed her eyes and gave a questioning look at him. "What's wrong Elliot? Your phone just rang, that's all. Who was it?"

Looking at his phone, Elliot shook his head, "Sorry Inna. I don't know who it is. Some unknown number continues to ring. Adam's been getting it. It's extremely frustrating to say the least." locking his phone, he slid it back into his jacket pocket. "Thank God it's the business phone. Not sure what I'd do if it was my personal number."

Sofia let out a little smile, "Does it hurt?" Elliot shook his head still refusing to look at Sofia. "Good, grab that toast, I've got the water and packed some sandwiches, let's go."

____________________

I feel I may need to reacquaint you with the characters. So here goes:

Sofia/Sof/Inna - protagonist, lawyer, woman who has dreams!

Adam - male protagonist. Lawyer, in love with Sofia. Has similar dreams as Sofia.

April - Sofia's roommate/friend and Doctor.

June - Sofia's roommate/friend and Sales and Market Researcher. Dating James.

Charlie - Sofia's friend and colleague.

Jack - Sofia's close colleague and idol.

Daniel - male protagonist. Lawyer, close friend of Adam, played a trick on Sofia when in secondary school.

Elliot - Sofia's cousin, Adam's close friend and partner.

Lewis - Daniel's close friend and partner.