Chapter 10

"I made it! Well it's pink so I'm assuming it's right. What do you think?" I asked Elliot.

After yelling at Daniel and realising how late it was, I had rushed out, no breakfast, tea or coffee, to Elliot's house. Being an only child, he had inherited the house from his dad after his untimely death.

"I have no idea Adam. It's you're experiment. All I know is it's supposed to be pink." Elliot replied while flicking through the newspaper.

"Well I followed all the instructions." I held the package towards my face, pushed up my spectacles in order to make sure I hadn't missed anything out. "Never knew making Kashmiri tea was this difficult! El can you try it first?" I asked.

"Why even ask when you know the answer. Though I must applaud your attempt. Here let's take a click. Stick it up on Instagram." He grinned as he took out his phone.

I stared at the glass filled with pale pink liquid cautiously. I took a small sip and felt a small smile forming. "Pretty nice El!" I put the glass down and looked at it with pride. "It's safe, you can try some now."

"Shall stick to the normal boring watery old tea thanks. You do realise that we look like some married couple right now." Elliot looked up from his newspaper.

"Pfft, married couple? I think more like wacky scientists thanks," I responded.

After breakfast, some procrastination, we finally decided to go over our summary. Papers spread across the table, floor and kitchen counter, I walked up and down sounding out my argument. Love the adrenaline rush, confidence mixed with nerves, passion and determination that Court produces. Partly why I pursued Law to be honest. Also, I've always been the 'analysis', 'argumentative' and lover of debates type of guy, so no surprise I ended up as a lawyer.

"Hey El imagine if we ended up as politicians. What would you change?"

"A sudden question Adam," Elliot replied with scrunched eyebrows and narrowed eyes. He continued looking at me as if he was in deep thought, elbows on the island, hands clasped together with his chin resting on them, "Education hands down. Too expensive! It's going to leave a black hole. NHS, love it with all my heart, but not liking the way government likes to take credit of acts by doctors and nurses. Takes years for one to become a doctor, my own cousin is one! And in no way did the government help him get there. You?"

"El you really should write about all that. I would concentrate on Foreign Policy. Too much money being spent unnecessarily abroad. I understand there's a budget and all, but need to rethink which countries really need foreign aid. Then you've got Europe with the Russia Ukraine issue. I know without war, any nation will lose money. No Central Government in the International arena, sovereignty needs to be protected, so always a country will make decisions based on self-interest. Something humans do everyday. But weren't MPs elected to stand for the views of the public interests?" I answered.

"Hmm, well that's world politics for you Adam," Elliot pondered.

"However, I do agree with you on Education and NHS, but since when did the government pay attention to the views of teachers and doctors." Sure they'll have focus groups, though it makes you think if they even consider their views," I continued.

After talking for another half hour, I started pacing up and down the dining room preparing our final piece. When there was nothing more we could add, we started packing up. Elliot left most to me. I do have a thing with having everything in a specific order, and none other than Elliot knew the consequence of interfering.

"No no nooo!"

"Adam what's wrong?" Elliot looked at me with concern.

"I left the print data and graph at the office. Damn it, now need to collect them." I looked down at my watch to see that it was already past 7.

"Just collect it tomorrow. The case should be over by then anyways." Elliot advised.

"Uh no, can not do that El." I stated with a serious face. "Look who you're talking to."

"Oh yeah, forgot it's your 'thing' right?" Elliot raised his eyebrows with a grin, and took a step back noticing my expression. I know it's a look not to be messed with. Mentally I'm grinning of course. "It's pretty dark now, I can drop you off. Let me just get my keys."

"No it's fine El. I drove here remember. Hey, just don't tell Daniel tomorrow everything wraps up. He still thinks the case is going to go on for another four or more so months." Although my voice sounded as if I'm pleading, I couldn't prevent the smile.

"Alright then, but why so?" Elliot asked with a confused look.

"I know for a fact that he's going to ask me to help him link up with So-J-J-Jan." Damn you Adam, I inwardly cursed myself.

"Uh, yes, you mean Jane. Right?" Elliot asked slowly titling his head to a side.

Although I didn't like the skeptical expression he was passing to me, I still nodded. "Yes, sorry, I meant Jane."

"Ok. Just drive safe." Elliot looked down and shook his head, chuckling.

I made my own way out and slid into the car. "It's so damn cold!" I muttered as I switched on the heater.

I moved out of the driveway and drove towards my office on Farringdon Road.