Chapter 2

"30 minutes left guys," my voice bellowed across the hallway.

Now it's my turn to pace back and forth with my briefcase in one hand and mobile in the other.

"Mm hmm, got it all Jack....no....yes definitely....ha ha, sarcasm yeah....God is on the side of justice so He'll help us....we'll argue about religion later, but main thing is that this piece of evidence should seal it all, hold on"

"Guys, where are you?!!! We need to go!!!" I yelled again.

"Sorry Jack, see you in a bit!"

"I'm..." huff "sorry..." Puff. June inhaled and exhaled deeply, trying to catch her breath.

"I'll huff and I'll puff and blow your house down". Little Red Riding Hood right? That wolf was in my dreams yesterday!

"Now what are you thinking about Sof?" April asked once again.

"It's probably about Shakespeare. Were you citing from Othello, Sof?" June asked, with a smirk.

"No, I don't think it's Othello. Romeo and Juliet maybe? No, no, hold on, it has to be A Midsummer Night's Dream," April responded.

"Probably. Either way, that'd be perfect. Right, Sof?" June wiggled her eyebrows at me, with a smile.

I couldn't help but groan. Me and my sleep talking!

"June, you just reminded me of the Big Bad Wolf!" Whilst June's mouth dropped open, speechless, April broke into an uncontrollable laughter! I had to get them back, one way or another, I thought with smile.

Finally, and frantically I may add, June ran to the large mirror hanging on the hallway and tried to pat her golden hair, scrutinising her face whilst at it.

As I walked pass her, I lightly whispered, "It's the huffing and puffing love, NOT your looks. You look beautiful by the way." She really did. I mean come on, gold half-back length straight hair, clipped up on the right to allow the waterfall style flow down the front left. Height of 5 foot 10, 11 inches in fact due to the, sorry to say, mouthwatering heels on her slim legs and feet. Just perfect! Then you've got the peach knee length skirt, together with a matching slim blazer and silky black blouse. Don't forget to add the piercing green eyes, with splashes of freckles on top of her nose, sharp smile and pale smooth skin. All these mixed together equates to a perfect magazine cover model.

"Even I knew that." April rolled her, just as green, eyes. "Come on, I've got to drop both of you off. Airport first!"

We jumped into the car, June's luggage in the trunk, and headed to drop her off.

.........................................................

"Where is Tom? He said 7:30am. They're going to start boarding soon," June mumbled the nth teen time.

"I'm here!" Tom shouted as his tall towering figure rushed towards us.

"Ok June, he's here, so now relax! Tom, just breathe. How's the wife by the way?" turning to him I asked.

"Amazing Sof. Just got to sort this presentation out, then off to my honeymoon!" Tom answered. I swear I just saw his hazel eyes sparkle. Hmm probably happens when you're in love.

We all exchanged the kisses and hugs and good lucks. The usual when you see off friends to a business trip.

Next stop, my office.

.....................................................

"Ok Sof, I don't need to say good luck, but these people deserve what's coming to them."