Chapter 13

Oh my God what just happened?!! No no no! So Adam, do you plan to walk out the lift anytime soon or is this another way of making an idiot out of yourself?

"Fool! Damn it!" I bashed the wall with my fist. Pushing the button, I walk out.

I can't believe this. Seriously, what just happened?

I shuffled my folders, including a poster of the world, to one arm, holding onto the door handle with the other, opened and walked out of the building.

Just then I noticed "what the?"

Who is he? Why is he hugging her? I should have been the gentleman! But no, when she stood in front of you with all those bags hanging her down, you decided to just stand and gawk.

"Forget just staring, I couldn't even pass out normal sentences!" I mumbled angrily to myself.

Ok I was reeling with anger, more so towards myself than towards him. But, she definitely recognised me!

What are they laughing at? Standing a bit too close each other, aren't they? Too close to my liking. "Huh! Who do you think you are Adam to get annoyed?" I continued to mutter to myself.

I rolled my eyes, as if talking to myself in my head isn't enough, I now have to do it loudly!

Oh no, why is she staring at me? Why are they both staring at me? Isn't he from 3rd floor? Wave back fool! Shoot, they're walking towards me! Seriously what is up with this talking to yourself?!

"Hey buddy. Do you need help with that?" A man jogged towards me trying to help with the folders.

I gave him a weak smile, my form of thanks of course, but stated, "No thanks, I should be able to handle it."

"Yeah, it's 'should' but not 'can'. Come on, pass it over. I'll drop it off to your car," he replied whilst prying out the rolled poster and a couple of folders.

I hadn't realised the amount of things I was carrying. Wasn't I supposed to collect just one folder?

"So where's your car?"

"My what?" I responded, failing to grasp what he had just asked. Of course I'm just staring at one person and that one person is staring right back at me.

"Hello? Your car. Where's your car?" The guy continued, looking over the line of cars parked around us.

"Oh, yes, I'm sorry. It's the sleek silver Merc, right in the corner over there." I pointed towards my car as we both started walking towards it. As there were more than one silver Mercs around, I added, "look for registration starting with 'R'. By the way, what floor do you work at? I know I've seen you before."

"Probably have," he replied. "But we can't be working for the same company otherwise we would have recognised each other. I'm on 7th floor."

We continued walking straight.

"Does Sofia work on the same floor?"

"Sof? Yeah she does. Was asked to drop her home, so been waiting around for her." He gave a side glance whilst still keeping his face straight ahead.

"Then why not wait for her at her office. You guys work together. I would assume that you would be together." I emphasised the last word, hoping he would get the message.

He again flickered his eyes towards me for a fraction of a second. "Was on 1st floor talking to a girl. She's cute," the guy replied sheepishly.

"Sof or the girl?" I could feel my empty hand roll up into a fist, voice losing that relaxing tone. Although looking ahead, my eyes still narrowed.

He chuckled lightly, "Both," he replied with a shrug.

I unlocked my car as we neared it and chucked in all the folders and poster.

"Thanks, I'm Adam by the way," I held out my right hand.

"Charlie. If you happen to bump into Sof, make sure you tell her that I came all the way to the car. Otherwise her secretary won't let me live." He said as we shook hands.

"Her secretary? I haven't seen Sof here before and I've been working in that building for 5 years now."

"Her secretary is like an overprotected lady who will kill anyone trying to harm Sof." I could sense he was serious. "But then, so am I. She hasn't been here too long, they transferred. We're a pretty wide firm." He smiled and added before jogging off, "see you around Adam, Sof is still waiting."

Wow, one second just there I would have punched him! Why do I have a problem with a guy touching her hand?

"Ok Adam, take a trip to 7th floor tomorrow." I jumped into my car, heater on, no music, too distracting, and sat for a few minutes warming my hands.

God she looked amazing. Small enough to make you want to hug her and definitely understand the protective side. Anyone would want to protect her. Her lips chapped as usual. She probably has a tin of Vaseline, Chapstick and what not at the bottom of her bag considering her.

Adam, you can dream about her once you get home.

As I passed by, I could see Sof laughing with Charlie once again. He has no idea how lucky he is. I shook my head once more.