CHAPTER THIRTY

The children all went back to school on Tuesday that week, as it had been a teacher conference weekend.   On Wednesday morning, Dante got up with a headache, and low-grade fever.   Sanem decided it would be best if he missed a day of school.    If he went feeling bad he might get worse.   Besides, if his fever went up he could infect other children at school.

Can took the triplets to school, and Sanem stayed home with Dante and Nonna that day.   About mid-morning Dante was lying on the couch asleep and Nonna was in her room reading.   Sanem decided it would be better if Nonna and Dante were not to close together.   Her immune system was still comprised, from her previous chemo treatments.

Sanem had slipped out to the flower garden to weed a little bit and pick some flowers for the house.   She had taken the baby monitor with her so Dante could call if he needed her, and left one in Nonna's room with her.   When she was bent over, pulling weeds and humming, she heard a noise behind her.

When she looked back there was a man standing there very still.   She stood up saying, "May I help you?"   He started walking toward her not saying a word.   Sanem reached in her pocket and pushed the button to reverse the monitor, so Dante and Nonna could hear.

When he got almost touching distance of Sanem, he said, "I have wanted to see you for a long time, but you are never alone.   I got out of jail two weeks ago and have been watching you."     Sanem said, "I am sorry, I don't know you and this is private property so please leave now."

Meanwhile in the house Nonna had heard what was being said, and went to look out the window.   She called the police first, as she had heard about the stalking incidents, and then she called Can.

Can told her he was on his way and he called Detective Altay as he drove, asking if he thought it was Yigit outside their home?

Detective Altay told him, "The prison was supposed to contact the local authorities when Yigit was released and if it was him, then they didn't tell us.   I will meet you at your house.   Don't do anything foolish."

The man started coming closer to Sanem, as she was backing away, saying, "You know me, I am Yigit and I love you more than Can.   I watched you for years and fell in love with you.   You are the perfect woman and I am taking you with me to London.   Where are my babies, we will take them with us?"

Sanem said, "I am not going anywhere with you, this is my home.    I am married and the babies are mine and Can's."   Yigit grabbed her arm saying, "No they are mine. Where are they?"

Dante had awakened and heard the voices, and before Nonna could stop him, he ran outside.     He was saying, "Hey Mister that's my Anne, let her go."   Yigit dropped Sanem's arm startled, saying, "Who are you? You are not her son."

Dante ran over and got in front of Sanem saying, "Yes, I am and you cannot touch my Anne or hurt her."   Sanem tried to move Dante behind her but he would not move.   For a ten year, he was almost as tall as Sanem.   He told Sanem, "Anne I will protect you."

About this time Can had arrived and quietly slipped around the house.   As he went, he heard voices.   He heard the police pulling quietly into the driveway.   He stopped and was amazed at Dante standing in front of Sanem, and she was holding his shoulders.   Then he heard what Dante was saying.

Dante turned to Yigit, who stood there with a confused look on his face.  He ask, "Who are you? Why do you think you can come in our yard and touch my Anne?   She belongs to us and we love her.   I will protect her from you.   Now leave before I call my Baba to come."

Yigit started toward Dante, and Sanem pulled Dante back toward her saying, "Don't you touch my son."  Yigit said, "You are going with me and you need to tell me where our babies are now so we can take them."