My Last Romance [12]

Warning: Slight NaruSaku

~

"Ne? Sakura-chan, you mean T-Teme.."

"Yes, Naruto. He left us again." The pinkette plainly replied while patting his back for somewhat comfort. The blonde only dramatically sighed and retorted, "B-But... he just came home. How could he? That bastard! I'm gonna knock some sense into him, believe it!!!"

"No, Naruto. Just let him do what the hell he wants in life. It's his life, not ours."

He widen his eyes at her response "What?! So you're just gonna let him off the hook just like that?! Aren't you coming with me to drag him back here? What happened to you!?"

"Naruto.."

"Sakura-chan, don't you care about him anymore?"

She just blinked a few times and shrugged. "Why should I? Why should we? He doesn't care about us anymore.. He never will." She answered. Naruto was all serious as he listened to her. A few seconds later, he stood up from the stool they sat in the corner of the shop.

"Where are you going?" She asked

"Leaving. I'm coming back when I see the real Sakura-chan.. Because the Sakura I know, never loses hope especially for my bestfriend."

And with that, the Uzumaki walked away leaving a stunned kunoichi not the less.

It has been six months when Sasuke left. A lot has changed in Konohagakure. And one of those changes, occured to Sakura.

Each passing day, the hatred in her heart grew. She isolated herself from her other friends, which in turn, made them start to worry. She only left her apartment when she went to work at the hospital. Other than that, she goes nowhere else.

She became more distant to everyone, even to Tsunade and Kakashi. No one knew what was playing in that mind of hers, no one except Naruto.

One afternoon, a knock was heard at her door. Sakura emotionlessly opened it, revealing a grinning blonde at her front door. "Hi Sakura-chan!" He greeted.

"What do you want, Naruto?"

"Well, I was just wondering.. do you want to go to the park with me?"

She shook her head. "No."

"B-But, Sakura! Come on, you can't just stay here forever!"

"Naruto, I said no. What part of 'no, I don't want to' can't you understa-- ah! Put me down!! Idiot!!"

The Kyuubi container only gave her a cheeky grin as he slung her on his broad shoulder. "No can do Sakura-chan! You need to come out of your shell! Believe it!!"

She rolled her eyes as they went to the park.

There, he put her down as the pinkette glared at him. "Are you crazy?!" She asked as he took a seat on a bench. He looked at her seriously before speaking, "What's happening to you? You don't go out anymore. You never attend sparring sessions. Heck, you don't even bother with us lately!"

He's not giving up, is he?

She thought and gave up. She sat down next to him and said, "Naruto, even if I told you, you'll never understand me--"

"It's about Sasuke, is it?"

"..."

He sighed and ran a hand through his golden locks. "Sakura-chan, don't do this to yourself. You don't need to follow his steps in being an emo! Everyone is worried about you! And don't tell me that I don't understand how it feels to fall in love with a person that ignores you, when I've loved you for nearly a decade now!" His confession shocked her.

And unconsciously, she smiled. Maybe you're right... a little.

"Thank you, Naruto." She hugged him tightly. The Jinchuuriki smiled in turn and hugged her back.

...

Far across a distance, crimson red eyes watched them. Murmuring a few profanities while firming his grip on the now electricity-filled sword.

Sakura...