01. We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (Part One)

Start from the beginning

"You found August pretty quick."

"Well, I nearly froze to death in that lake and he saved my life, then asked me out. Believe me when I say you'll find someone, Vanya. Okay?"

Vanya nodded. "Okay."

Klaus walked into the room and embraced both women. "My favorite twins!"

Saraya let out an annoyed cry and Klaus stepped away and studied the little girl. "How old is she?"

"Almost seven months," Madelina replied. "Klaus, this is Saraya. Sari, this is your uncle Klaus."

Klaus smiled and cleared his throat. "Right. I'm supposed to tell you we've got a family meeting."

"A family meeting, huh? Well, that already sounds like a recipe for disaster."

Klaus chuckled lightly. "Come on. Everyone's in the drawing room."

"Drawing room? When did you become so posh?"

"Pish posh, I'm Master Klaus Hargreeves."

"Lead the way, Master Hargreeves."

Vanya laughed softly. "You two were always the comedic duo."

Madelina smiled. "And we're the normal twins."

The three of them made their way to the drawing room and sat down.

Allison walked up to Madelina and smiled at Saraya. "Hi, sweetie. I'm your Aunt Allison."

Saraya studied Allison and started playing with her curls.

Diego looked up from his spot. "Cute kid."

Madelina smiled. "Thanks, Di. Her name's Saraya."

Diego's normally hard expression softened as he looked at the little girl.

Luther stood. "If we're all ready, I'd like to get started. Madi, why is--"

Madelina cut him off. "No sitter and August had to work. Don't worry. She can't talk and interrupt. So, why don't you explain why we're all here."

"Dad died."

"I saw the news."

"Right. So, I figured we could hold the funeral at Dad's favorite spot."

"Dad had a favorite spot?" Allison asked with a frown.

Luther looked between his siblings, confused at their expressions. "Yeah, you know, under the oak tree. We used to sit there all the time. You guys never did that?"

Klaus shook his head. "No, Luther. None of us ever got to have playtime with our dear old daddy. That was just you."

Klaus walked towards the couch, a glass of whisky in one hand and a joint in the other. He sat at the empty end of the couch, next to Saraya who started playing with the robe he was wearing.

Madelina moved Saraya to the other side, so she'd be further from her uncle's joint.

Klaus frowned. "It's just a little joint."